Your WaniKani Level VS Your JLPT Level

Old thread, but might as well add to it — would be interesting to look back at later on!

• WaniKani Level: 41
  • JLPT Level: Never taken an actual exam, but I took a mock test along with other WK users (link to my results posted on that thread) in July and passed fairly comfortably. Although I haven’t yet finished Genki 2 I’m quite comfortable with N4 grammar by now, and know a bit of N3 grammar as well. My vocabulary knowledge is all over the place, and the amount of kanji I know is more than sufficient.
  • Resources/Materials: Haven’t completed anything so far, but I’m currently finishing off Genki 2. I’ve listened to all ‘Let’s Learn Japanese From Small Talk’ podcast episodes, now use Vtubers/Youtubers for listening practice, and have an online tutor session weekly for conversation practice. I’m also going to keep reading novels in Japanese.
    And how could I forget Wanikani?!
  • Your Next Goal: Finishing Genki 2 before the end of the year, as well as Kiki’s Delivery Service (the novel) in the same timeframe.
    Slightly Longer Term Goal: To be at a level where I’m able to pass N3 by July or December 2022 (next year).