Just had a lesson that said “you should already know a reading/meaning from a previous lesson”, but you don’t?
HOW DARE KOICHI DO THIS?!
You could rant about it all night long with some smooth jazz in the background and a whiskey in your hand
… or just install this script I made for you.
HOW DOES IT WORK (aka HOW TO INJECT MNEMOS INTO BUTTS… UHM, LESSONS)
- hover over some Japanese in a lesson or on a vocabulary page
- wait until a tooltip appears
- Click on one of the underlined links and wait a bit
- The mnemonic of a related item should appear
How to install this script
- Make sure you have the Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (other browsers) add-on installed, so you can enjoy userscripts.
- Go to https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25128-wanikani-you-should-already-know-this-reading
- Click the green button
- BOOM, DONE!
How to install/edit user scripts guide:
- The mnemonics that get injected do not have tooltips added to them. That’s sucky if you get 絶やす, but otherwise I don’t think it happens all that often. I won’t fix it unless it proves to be a major inconvenience.
- added on the review page
- initial release
Note: this has been developed and tested in Chrome. Let me know if other browsers have difficulties.