Wstats - see your Level history & estimates

The Web Data app created by kiko is unfortunately not working/accessible, so I decided to create this little tool - http://wstats.herokuapp.com/

Source code is on github: https://github.com/galymzhan/wstats

The tool uses the same logic explained by kiko:

WaniKani’s API doesn’t provide the actual times that you leveled up. In fact they may not store this information at all. Instead, the web app determines when a level began (and thereby when the previous one ended) based on the time you completing the lesson for the first radical of the level.
I used only this feature of kiko’s app, what feature do you miss most?

I didn’t use it for the estimate level up time (that I didn’t really care about that much) but for the summary of the kanji (jlpt levels etc) that I already know. Was great to see those levels fill up (coloured too!), that kinda motivated me to keep going :slight_smile: Like “tomorrow I’ll know 10% of the 500 most frequent kanjis” wohoo!

My estimated end date is on 2018. This is because I spent 215 days on level one. So for people like me, it might be a good idea to not consider the longest and shortest times spent in a level in the estimation average.

alanotero10 said... My estimated end date is on 2018. This is because I spent 215 days on level one. So for people like me, it might be a good idea to not consider the longest and shortest times spent in a level in the estimation average.
 I thought I was the only one. I spent 80 days on level 1. Although the shortest time spent on a level should be fine because you can only get so low. Its basic statistics there is a clear outlier that is throwing off the results.

the page displays this error when i enter my api key.

Twig_Error_Runtime: Key “16” for array with keys “1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 5, 7, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 9, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50” does not exist in “history.twig” at line 28

January 23, 2017  hope it’s sooner~

baldbunny said...... Although the shortest time spent on a level should be fine because you can only get so low. ...
There was a bug where WaniKani skipped a level when I leveled up, and so this app shows my level 9 as "-19 hours"

Thank you for this! 

The feature I miss the most, like Bluemoon, is the one where you can see how many JLPT kanji you’ve learned so far. 

floe said... the page displays this error when i enter my api key.

Twig_Error_Runtime: Key "16" for array with keys "1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 5, 7, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 9, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50" does not exist in "history.twig" at line 28
I tried to fix it, can you try now

Yep, it’s working now thanks!

When I try to enter my public API key I get this error :

• “Twig_Error_Runtime: Key “took” for array with keys “date” does not exist in “history.twig” at line 29” any suggestions

I’ve added option to ignore levels (just uncheck them), so they won’t be considered when calculating average time. Now my statistics are (when ignoring first two levels):

Average time per level: 10 days, 15 hours
Level 50:
September 29th 2014, 15:58

Not bad I think :slight_smile:

I love that you can ‘unselect’ a level that took loong… I signed up for WK and took 102 days for level 1 because I wasn’t really into it, but now that I am I want to see accurate progress and I can exclude that first level. 

THANKS!

Thank you so much for this, galymzhan. I appreciate you carrying on the torch. Good to see how long leveling is taking me again.

Like so many other, the feature I miss the most is the “How Many Kanji You’ve Conquered” section. It was nice to see a comparison chart for the JLPT kanji and such.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts. I’ve got it added to my browser now. ありがとうございます!どんどん使ってみます。

Thanks for hearing our prayers

for your level estimates, you might want to consider that levels 45-50 don’t have enough radicals to hold you back from leveling, so they can theoretically be done in 4.5 days, if you don’t mess up on any of the kanji, you go into hyper speed!

Dunno if it’s just me - can’t see any level estimates

*edit - works fine now

I’ve added the feature to roughly estimate how difficult a text might be – feed it a text, and it shows how many kanji are recognizable by you (based on your WK performance of course). Counts only distinct kanjis, so that percentage is calculated accurately. I tried to give it different texts and for me it stays above 50% most of the time

Mordoc said... for your level estimates, you might want to consider that levels 45-50 don't have enough radicals to hold you back from leveling, so they can theoretically be done in 4.5 days, if you don't mess up on any of the kanji, you go into hyper speed!
Yes,  I was able to finish lvl 15 in 5 days, because level 16 have only 5 radicals
galymzhan said... I've added the feature to roughly estimate how difficult a text might be -- feed it a text, and it shows how many kanji are recognizable by you (based on your WK performance of course). Counts *only* distinct kanjis, so that percentage is calculated accurately. I tried to give it different texts and for me it stays above 50% most of the time
 Can you put in kana also to be considered?