Wstats - see your Level history & estimates

Time said...  Can you put in kana also to be considered?
Do you mean to show also kana count?

Nice work.  Thanks for this!

galymzhan said...
Time said...  Can you put in kana also to be considered?
Do you mean to show also kana count?
 That and take kana out and just say what kanji are there. Another thing along that vane is you could parse out the words and give frequency for the entire document.

Whoops wrong thread orz, too many tabs

This is really nice! I really like the percentage of recognition “measure text” page too–that’s super useful. Thanks for making this!
One…interesting?..thing though, is that my estimated completion dates for Level 20 and 21 have already passed (it estimates them being in September 2013), which would require a bit of time traveling in order to accomplish seeing as I’m on Level 20 right now. XD

The “Measure text” tab is very nice, especially at this high level!

Would it be possible for you to make something like this without Wanikani? I mean I would manually pick the kanji I know and save the data somewhere. I am asking because today is my last day as a Wanikani subscriber… At any rate, no one’s going to stay a subscriber forever, right? Well, maybe except a few people.

suishouyuki said.One...interesting?...thing though, is that my estimated completion dates for Level 20 and 21 have already passed (it estimates them being in September 2013), which would require a bit of time traveling in order to accomplish seeing as I'm on Level 20 right now. XD
I don't know what might be the cause =) Have you leveled up recently? (I noticed strange behavior just after leveling). Does it still show past dates?

raito789 said...Would it be possible for you to make something like this without Wanikani? I mean I would manually pick the kanji I know and save the data somewhere. I am asking because today is my last day as a Wanikani subscriber… At any rate, no one's going to stay a subscriber forever, right? Well, maybe except a few people.
Makes sense, i'll try to do it

Would be nice if you could highlight the known kanji in the text you entered in the measure text

Wow! Takes me one month to finish one level recently. Considering I do reviews everyday. I guess have to be more conscious when I review rather than watch a video side by side. lol Thanks for this!!

galymzhan said...
suishouyuki said.One...interesting?...thing though, is that my estimated completion dates for Level 20 and 21 have already passed (it estimates them being in September 2013), which would require a bit of time traveling in order to accomplish seeing as I'm on Level 20 right now. XD
I don't know what might be the cause =) Have you leveled up recently? (I noticed strange behavior just after leveling). Does it still show past dates?

It still shows past dates. I leveled up to 20 a while ago (probably a month ago, sadly) and then sort of slacked off; reviews piled up and so I focused on them instead of lessons. I only started the lessons this week. That is probably messing with the algorithms. ^^;

I tried both Koichi’s and my API Key, but both resulted in:

Oops, error

History is available only after reaching level 2
I really liked your app, so I hope you can fix this.

This was caused by the API upgrade. Should be working now.

Just wanted to drop by to to say thanks again, this site is great, I visit it everyday, it really is great for tracking progress and motivation, keep up the good work.

This estimates that I’ll complete level 50 on my birthday. Happy birthday, me!

I don’t want to break it to you but I’ve post something similar to another thread and I believe I must do so here as well.

Caclulating the mean (average) is wrong if there have been brakes during the period. You have to calculate the median in order to have a more realistic number! In my case, I level up at approximately 9 days more or less with the exception of level 16 which was during my college exams. For level 16, it took my 74 days to level up. That major outlier disrupts the whole distribution and offsets the mean by a huge amount.
I’m leveling up in 2-3 days and your calculator estimates an additional 10 days on top of that. I’m sure I’m not the only user who had a break from WK for exams or what-not, so the result must be off for a fair share of WaniKanians.
Great app nevertheless.

I hope you can see my point and my friendly suggestion. I don’t want to come off as peve here.