WK Customizer - Reviews Timeline, Pairing, and Sorting

HatsuHazama said...kiko, could I suggest editing the title so it includes the fact the review schedule is in it. I'm sure more people will use the extension if you do, otherwise they'll likely pass over the topic thinking nothing has changed since the beginning.
Done, thanks!

Well, now I need to switch to Chrome for doing my reviews, it seems!

Just adding, something seems to be a bit up. Not all reviews are shown by the timeline it appears, as can be seen below (Next review 4 hours, yet time line empty). Or does the timeline not show the next review session?

Same here I know I will have a huge review block at 1:35 am, but it’s not showing up. Still very nice idea.

Hmm, I’ll need to test some more to see, but there’s nothing in the code that would prevent items from showing up specifically. I’ve seen some inconsistencies with the way the API returns data so that may be part of the problem.

To be clear, some items are showing up for you guys, just not all of them?

EDIT: If it’s not showing certain reviews for you after updating to 1.4.1, open up the JS console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console), and copy/paste the contents into an email to me at kylecoburn at gmail, thanks!

This is awesome. Just installed. Initial thought on the review predictor: could you make it so that we could put numbers over the graphs, I think that would be useful to see numbers written on/above the bars, that way we can get a more precise estimate of our reviews. Or maybe a cumulative number in the top right hand corner? Overall, I can’t wait to see it in action. Btw, would it be possible to detect us trying to enter the reading for the meaning? Or is that not possible/too hard?

kiko said...To be clear, some items are showing up for you guys, just not all of them?

Yep. 

kiko said...EDIT: If it's not showing certain reviews for you after updating to 1.4.1, open up the JS console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console), and copy/paste the contents into an email to me at kylecoburn at gmail, thanks!
 What is it that you want us to send? The console is empty when I reload the front page.

Darn it! The reading protection doesn’t work during lessons. I don’t have any reviews right now, but I tested it in lessons and it didn’t protect me. :frowning: I feel so unprotected.

sugoida said... This is awesome. Just installed. Initial thought on the review predictor: could you make it so that we could put numbers over the graphs, I think that would be useful to see numbers written on/above the bars, that way we can get a more precise estimate of our reviews. Or maybe a cumulative number in the top right hand corner? Overall, I can't wait to see it in action. Btw, would it be possible to detect us trying to enter the reading for the meaning? Or is that not possible/too hard?
There isn't a good way to do reading for meanings protection unfortunately, you'll just have to make sure you aren't answering in romaji xD

Satoshi said...
kiko said...EDIT: If it's not showing certain reviews for you after updating to 1.4.1, open up the JS console (View > Developer > JavaScript Console), and copy/paste the contents into an email to me at kylecoburn at gmail, thanks!
 What is it that you want us to send? The console is empty when I reload the front page.
Ugh stupid me hardcoded the API key and forgot to add that in before release -.- 1.4.1 is live now and fixes that.

sugoida said... Darn it! The reading protection doesn't work during lessons. I don't have any reviews right now, but I tested it in lessons and it didn't protect me. :( I feel so unprotected.
Answering incorrectly on lessons doesn't have any adverse affect so it isn't active on those pages, though I may as well add that in.

It seems that everything works fine now, thanks :slight_smile:

Suggestion, put a reallnumbers script in that activates when a box is checked.

kiko, i just installed the extension and hit the dashboard and and and… are you a wizard?

i’m pretty sure i’ve reached that point in my life where i cease understanding something (e.g. the way browsers work now) and so it will from now on forever be magic.

good thing there are wizards.

I don’t know how koichi doesn’t hire you to work for them. You always make awesome stuff!

Is there any chance of switching the x and y axis on the new feature so that we can see the number of lessons a little easier?  Right now the field is so short it is hard to tell how many there are.  Or maybe have the amount as a small floating number above each line?  Right now, because it is so small, about all I can figure is I have reviews, but not a very good approximation on how many.

ご苦労さまでした!!!
Thank you for your hard work!!!

This is awesome! May I suggest an option to choose between a 24hr-clock and a 12hr-clock? Just a personal preference, I really don’t like looking at 24hr clocks. Even if there is no am/pm indicator, I don’t care. Thanks so much, this is so helpful!

rabideau said... kiko, i just installed the extension and hit the dashboard and and and... are you a wizard?

i'm pretty sure i've reached that point in my life where i cease understanding something (e.g. the way browsers work now) and so it will from now on forever be magic.

good thing there are wizards.
It's less magic than Viet's API for the data + HTML 5 canvas for the drawing. I just wrote a bit of code to marry the two ;)

SilverFen said... Is there any chance of switching the x and y axis on the new feature so that we can see the number of lessons a little easier?  Right now the field is so short it is hard to tell how many there are.  Or maybe have the amount as a small floating number above each line?  Right now, because it is so small, about all I can figure is I have reviews, but not a very good approximation on how many.
I've made some tweaks to make it a bit clearer how many reviews each line represents. The primary objective is to provide a quick approximation, but I'm looking into labeling bigger review groups as well.

mayucchi said... ご苦労さまでした!!!
Thank you for your hard work!!
Haha, thank you for that (mildy disturbing) image.

avalynnrose said... This is awesome! May I suggest an option to choose between a 24hr-clock and a 12hr-clock? Just a personal preference, I really don't like looking at 24hr clocks. Even if there is no am/pm indicator, I don't care. Thanks so much, this is so helpful!
I'm looking into detecting the user's clock format, unfortunately there isn't a simple way to do this in JavaScript. Otherwise I will put an option in for it instead, thanks.
kiko said...
sugoida said... Darn it! The reading protection doesn't work during lessons. I don't have any reviews right now, but I tested it in lessons and it didn't protect me. :( I feel so unprotected.
Answering incorrectly on lessons doesn't have any adverse effect so it isn't active on those pages, though I may as well add that in.
 It has an adverse effect on my pride...

I love the review timeline, but thought it might be worthwhile to mention that while my WK numbers show that I have ~30 reviews in this coming hour, the timeline never indicated anywhere near that (it was supposed to be onesies-twosies - totaling mayyyybe 10 reviews - for another couple of hours according to the timeline)

Kiko, you are the man! You’re…this is…I can’t even express in words of the English language how in awe I am.

You really need a Sect name, like Wizard or the Master of All Things Awesome.

Good work!