Why is the progress indicator broken?

Why happened to this? I am Level 18
Now when I look at level 17 for instance it says 136/136 for vocab. There is no way to know which words I still have left to learn. I have in no way learned all the vocab yet. When I look at the Kanji for my next level it says 20/30. Once again I have not even started on those Kanjis. This is not how the display was working before the last update. It clearly showed what Kanji and what Vocab words I had already started learning. IU can no longer find the entire list of all the kanji I have learned anymore either. I have to go level by level to look at them. Whats going on? I just wish the program would display the same as it used to. thanks for your help.

1 Like

It’s telling you how many items you’ve unlocked, not how many items you’ve done the lessons for. I think they did update this recently, maybe to make it in sync with something else? I honestly don’t remember the details.

I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug though, so I’d like to move it to the #wanikani:feedback section if you don’t mind.

Thanks, so now there is no way to know what you have left to learn for each level? I do not understand why they changed the program when it was working fine. It would also be worthwhile to be able to visualize the entire list of Kanji we have learned.

2 Likes

You can find all that info on the Wanikani stats (third-party) page.

That does seem pretty inconvenient

Thanks, that does help. One has to wonder why you need to use so many 3rd party apps for a program we are paying to use!

It sure is a good thing the API poofed into existence from nowhere so people could make 3rd party apps with it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.