What's your method to stomp grammar?

Wasabi is a great resource for me, altough I’ve only been using it for two or three weeks. Totally free, has good examples, relatively easy to understand.

The thing I’m lacking in are resources for me to form my own sentences and see if I’m right, but once you have a basic knowledge of a good amount of particles and useful phrases, and have read and translated a bunch of simple Japanese phrases into English, it becomes easier to go the other way.

The hardest part of Japanese grammar is how different it is from English, and small complexities in the simplest parts of grammar (say, the difference between wa/ha and ga. Sorry I don’t have a Japanese keyboard on my computer). So basically the grammar starts out hard and confusing and frustrating, but once you start to get the hang of it it gets easier and easier. Or so I’ve been told. I’m still in the confusing part lol.

And in terms of textbooks, Genki has great reviews but is a tad on the expensive side, and Tae Kim has great examples and is free online but is a better companion to a different textbook than just a textbook on its own. Those are the main two that I’ve heard a bunch about.

I asked the same question a little while back and got flooded with links to other sources btw, so here’s that thread. Good luck :smiley:

5 Likes