What's your average number of correct percentage in a review session?

I know everyone should go at their own pace, etc. But sometimes I feel like my percentage of correct guesses is very low when I do a review. I just want a sample of feedback of what percentage scores people get back. Like, maybe I should slow down more and be more careful and not have to redo kanjis more than necessary due to typos or stupid guesses.

What’s your average percentage correct after a review?

3 Likes

Over all of my levels, my average is 89%, but more recently it hovers around 75-80%. If you’re not worried about speed, I would say it’s never a bad idea to spend a little extra time trying to get pneumonics that will help you memorised. Everyone is fairly diffferent with how fast they can pick up new kanji and vocab though, so I’d say as long as it’s about maybe 60%? you should be fine

1 Like

at the start of a new level, it’s usually around 75-80 since its all a bunch of new kanji.
it goes up as I inch towards the end of the level, usually about 90-95 when the go to guru
(and then back down a little bit around master…)

2 Likes

Usually 70-80% on a good day. 90% on great days and 60s% on bad days. I tend to stop reviewing if I do worse than that

7 Likes

90% on kanji, 85% on vocab on average. (According to wkstats)

3 Likes

Wow, everyone is up there. On good days I get 75-80% but on bad I’ll float around 50% because I always feel like I’m in a hurry.

3 Likes

started at 90%, but as I got into the tougher levels where i am now, my avg is around 75-80%

ive been compensating by reducing the number of lessons (thereby reducing the size of the reviews I’m committed to).

3 Likes

10-20 lessons per day, 60-70% accuracy.

3 Likes

My percentage is dropping these days. :tired_face: Now my average is 60-70%. I think it’s because the kanji that are showing up on my reviews are about to be burn, and I forgot most of them. :frowning:

2 Likes

My percentage? Embarrassing usually :joy:.

But on a serious note, it’s for the last couple of levels 85-90%. It dips to 75% when I somehow forget how to spell, but goes to 100% only when it’s a small review load of words which are obvious or that I’ve seen elsewhere a lot. Rarely happens.

I’ve seen pretty much every result between 50% and 100% for sessions. Important to note here is that your accuracy for the apprentice stages really does not matter (as long as you govern the number of lessons you do so you don’t overload yourself). That’s when the items are still being learnt. For progress, the stats for your master → enlightened and enlightened → burn reviews are more telling.
WK buddy will split out your accuracy by stage.

7 Likes

I think usually 92%. But I think that’s because I review a lot of items in a single session.

Well, after looking it up on WaniKani Stats, it looks like my average is 97% across the board. :flushed:
It feels like I forget a lot, though.
WKStats

Aha! According to WaniKani Buddy, my accuracy for Enlightened items is 82%. Now that sounds about right! lol

1 Like

How do you measure the percentages? During a review, the percentage in the upper right marks how many correct meanings + readings you have, but afterwards, it displays total items that were correct on both. So during review, if you mistake an item twice, it would count both times, but not afterwards. The systems are therefore drastically different and I dislike the confusion this makes. WKstats displays the percentage that is during the reviews, which is generally a lot higher. Anyway, here is mine. My accuracy dropped a lot in the 50-levels, and have continued to be down for the time after level 60.

1 Like

I had a feeling it might be around 65%, but I have to admit I vividly remember those stages where I fuck up every second kanji in the beginning, so the wkstats say I have a bit above 80% (Meaning 90%, reading 70%) - but I am also only Level 2 :smiley:

A normal review circle is that I start with 50% correct and then work my way up. I have to admit that I know many words already from Japanese lessons or because I heard it so often, thats why I often dont put too much energy in learning mnemnonics which results in me repeating some Kanjis at least 2-3 times before I have them right :crazy_face:

So far I am okay with what happens, I am reaching the end of the level now and am constantly above 80%. Thats generally my aim.

According to wkstat, my accuracy is 98.5%. However, I have the advantage that I already knew a lot of vocabulary (without the Kanji) before starting Wanikani. So, in the early levels I have done so far, I was able to recognize quite a few items.

1 Like

Not sure how good or bad it is, but I don’t care much about my %. Its probably lower that normal because i took a break and ended up with 1k reviews, and the path to burning them was filled with 50 and 60% reviews lol

1 Like

if i have to guess, i fail it. then have a proper look at it, remind myself of the mnemonics etc.

that aside, wkstats gives me just over 91%, which is down quite a bit due to working through a 1500 item review pile. review sessions conclude with about 80%

My accuracy on wkstats is like this:
no idea if this is good or bad or just in the middle. It’s also clear that I struggle most with kanji readings :sweat_smile:

1 Like

for hell levels now I got a big decrease in accuracy, before it was around 85%

now it is 65-75% tops. :expressionless:

and that’s because I keep apprentice below 90 now, if it was around 100 It would be even less.

Too many complex kanji appearing (very very similar to early ones) I cant find them in news articles, so it gets hard to stick to my mind and differenciate them.

1 Like

About 89% - 100%. I don’t like to guess, so I write notes down as a reminder and study them often before practice on Wanikani. Unless you’re a genius and never forget anything you read, you will HAVE TO STUDY them. WaniKani is not a game - play, then forget. It’s a learning tool. And the best way to learn anything is “practice, practice , practice.” 1st thing 1st. Learn because you love learning. If you truly learned, your accuracy will automatically improve. Personally, that’s my focus.