What is an API key and where can I get one?

See title ;; all those api apps talk about entering your api key but not a single one tells you what that is and where you get it. can someone enlighten me ?

Menu -> Settings

It’ll be half way down the page

I can give you a special one for the very discounted price of 4.99$ (original price 12.99$)

Mempo said... I can give you a special one for the very discounted price of 4.99$ (original price 12.99$)
 Ignore this. You can buy inferior quality keys for cheap. For a limited time, I'm selling Mega-ultimate quality API keys for only $79.99 (You'll use it every day for the rest of your life so just divide your remaining time alive by this and you'll realize it's an unheard of steal)

Ok Syphus Jr. and Syphus Jr. Jr. 

No confusing my new guppy friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

mahum said... Menu -> Settings

It'll be half way down the page

found it, thanks!;)
DpenD said...
Mempo said... I can give you a special one for the very discounted price of 4.99$ (original price 12.99$)
 Ignore this. You can buy inferior quality keys for cheap. For a limited time, I'm selling Mega-ultimate quality API keys for only $79.99 (You'll use it every day for the rest of your life so just divide your remaining time alive by this and you'll realize it's an unheard of steal)
 Pfff, nobody trust this guy plz. I know what I'm doing. I wrote a few user scripts and even a guide on how to use them. I'm much trustworthio!

Wait a second, I thought you have to subscribe to get API code?

Cassykins said... Ok Syphus Jr. and Syphus Jr. Jr. 

No confusing my new guppy friend ;P
 So you've noticed? I think it's like "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Dwell The Forums Long Enough To See Yourself Become A Syphus".

Idk, I'm feeling old somehow with a lot of pent-up sarcasm, cynicism and general unhelpful advice. 

Mempo said...I think it's like "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Dwell The Forums Long Enough To See Yourself Become A Syphus".

Idk, I'm feeling old somehow with a lot of pent-up sarcasm, cynicism and general unhelpful advice. 
Haha, I feel the same. If you knew how many times I type out a snarky response, read it through, and then delete it. 
However, recently I find myself posting such things regardless. (ᵔ.ᵔ)

@plantron, no. It’s available for us not-yet-paying peeps as well.

Rincewind said...
Mempo said...I think it's like "You Either Die A Hero, Or You Dwell The Forums Long Enough To See Yourself Become A Syphus".

Haha, I feel the same. If you knew how many times I type out a snarky response, read it through, and then delete it. 
However, recently I find myself posting such things regardless. (ᵔ.ᵔ)
 I've noticed! For the most part I love some good snark, though, so I <3 you both for it.