What is a こういち?

They first need to figure out where is こういち in order to ask him directly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, to further help you out, @EarleyGrave, he was first introduced in the Construction (工) and Mouth (口) kanji.

6 Likes

I didn’t get the reference back then can you explain :3

How is kumirei :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll do you one better. Why is Koichi?

20 Likes

In the book series The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy a giant computer is constructed to answer the great question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. The answer it comes out with is 42.

That’s why “the answer” is a reference when learning the vocabulary for 42. It also says “So long and thanks for all the fish” which is a reference to the title of the fourth book in the original “trilogy”.

5 Likes

A koichi (kouichi in mnemonics) is our master and overlord, do not say their name in vein.

In fact you should probably refer to them as “he who shall not be named”.

1 Like

If he didn’t want his name to be used in vain, he wouldn’t have put himself in so many mnemonics :wink:

5 Likes

Y-you’re right!

6 Likes

If you don’t wear your mask you might catch the こういち. Symptoms start with a “cold itchy” throat and end with burning vocab reviews in your sleep. Goodnight…

4 Likes

I will never get over that spelling.

3 Likes

as the First Children, Ko(u)ichi also pilots the Unit-00 Durtlegelion.

2 Likes

Koichi is always Kouichi (except for when he’s Jaered), it’s just that he tends to write it in English as “Koichi”.

7 Likes

Indeed, this question has been asked before! :eyes:

3 Likes

こういち seemed kind of random to me too so I’ve been using こう(く)(Coke) in my mind.
For example it’s easier to remember a beggar in a coffin thinking of a nice refreshing red can of Coke rather than a faceless person that I can’t picture for 考. Or brightly lit cans of Coke in the sunlight for 光.
But I’m wondering for those who have gone much farther, will this switch hold up in the long run?

2 Likes

Koichi does like to snort coke. Not cocaine, I mean Coca-Cola, the snort flavour.

5 Likes

This is a weird thread you brought back… and somehow increased weirdness parameter to 150%

Did anyone else read the Level 1 工 mnemonic before being aware of Koichi’s actual appearance and get surprised by it? I mentally conjured Koichi looking different from that initially…

3 Likes

There are no weird threads. Every thread is a beautiful and true expression of itself.

4 Likes

That’s the way. If he won’t come back to the forums, we’ll punish him by revealing

@Lewby IMO: You can say こういち all you like; you should only say Jaered if you’re interviewing him or compiling the Tofugu Prose Edda or something.

2 Likes

In fairness, he posted a thread last month, hehe

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.