What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Script to Blacklist WaniKani’s default correct answers, and manually add my own “correct answers” as User Synonyms… especially for some existing English translations

Someone on the original similar kanji script thread (that was a bit of a mouthful) made a short little script to move the “visually similar kanji” section to the top of the page - would that help?

Could you link me the script/thread? I tried searching for it but with no success :frowning:

It’s the last post in this thread: [Userscript] WaniKani Similar Kanji

I would copy it here, but I can’t figure out how to do the formatting like that and I’m afraid I might mess it up.

1 Like

You do codeblocks with triple backticks

Alternatively you can get the formatting used in any given post by starting a reply to the post and pressing the quote whole post button.

Ooh, thanks for that :smiley:
I may as well put it here then (unless there’s some etiquette against that?)

Thank you, but unfortunately that script isn’t working anymore :frowning:

It does, you just have to change the section number. I think the number depends on what other scripts you have installed, but changing it from 8 to 10 worked for me.

1 Like

Oh, ok. Do I have to insert the API key somewhere too? Sorry, my knowledge related to coding is pretty much 0.

Nope, just copy the code into a new script and change the number to something which works (you might have to test a few values).

1 Like

Got it working, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, I was hoping something like this exists but could not find it. Is it possible to reorder your kanji learning to start with the ones that generate the biggest number of vocab words at the same level. There is nothing worse than completing you last few kanji and finding out that you have unlokced 60+ lessons with 20 vocab words from previous level. There is usually a bunch of kanji that only have one or two vocab words associated with them at the specific level so ideally, I would study and guru them last.

Maybe it’s already exists, but i didn’t find it. You all probably know about different “reorder” apps, but they’re mainly focused on reviews.
Sometimes, when you learn a new kanji, (let’s use 100-百 for example), you unlock a bunch or words related to this kanji, like 三百、八百 and maybe something else. But. What i want is a extension that allows me to reorder my lessons by myself (item by item), that you can put “easy” vocab straight to the top and learn it fast, saving more time for hardest words. This will probably reduce average lesson time by 1-2 days.
I’m 99% sure it’s possible, because i saw what “Ultimate reorder” can do with reviews.

Well, after reading what i texted, it’s probably the same what is jasenko looking for, but that’s only means it should be quite usefull.

bad london sry

There was a similar discussion here:

i.e. WaniKani Looking for a different answer…

I am waiting for an official update on this… Hopefully, it will arrive some day. I find it hard to create the Userscript for my own.

For example, on this page https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/委託, I want to blacklist “Consign” and “Entrust”.

1 Like

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but idk if it ever made it here.

In regards to similar kanji, I found this post (thread) of @anon20839864’s (I would’ve responded in that thread but it’s archived now. idk if this is the best place for this, but I couldn’t justify its own thread so here I am) :

Continuing the discussion from Visually Similar Kanji:

I’m hoping Kristen (or anyone else that may know) can respond to this letting us know if this is still in the works? And if it’s not, or if it will be a while still, maybe someone can throw together a script?

I’d really like to have similar kanji in my lessons, at the very least. Reviews would be nice too but having it in lessons would be a huge quality of life improvement for me. I’m certain there are others who feel similarly.

1 Like

This!!! I get tripped up by these all the time, mostly just because I have not bothered to look at them side by side and figure out how they are different…

1 Like

It’s not the complete thing, but you can use my Semantic-Phonetic script to see kanji that only differ in their radical. It doesn’t catch all similar kanji, but it covers all kanji, works in lessons, reviews, and lesson-reviews, and I feel it already does a better job than what’s offered as “similar kanji” by WK.

1 Like

I will definitely try it out. Thank you!