What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

There is a list with all the userscripts you know…

List: /t/The-New-And-Improved-List-Of-API-and-Third-Party-Apps/7694/1

gtsui87 said…
Is there anything that let you compare kanjis side by side? I get confused a lot of times when there are similar kanji, would be nice to see the differences in writing.
/t/Userscript-WaniKani-Similar-Kanji/8905/1

kosensei said…
I know lots of people will not care about the Kanji strokes, but that’s something I would love to complete the amazing system you guys created here to learn Japanese. I know nowadays as long as you learn grammar, how to read a kanji, and so on that looks pretty much all. But even other webs such as Jisho.org has got the draws orders still is something I miss in here. I think when you learn how to write a Kanji you learn it faster. Not as a lesson itself, but just the drawing animation would be a plus. 

/t/Userscript-Stroke-Order-Diagram/5040/1
/t/UserScript-Stroke-animation-for-reviews-and-lessons/9741/1

EDIT: FFS already a new page. repost previous response:

shikaji said…thanks. well, three times would’ve been the charm ^^
DONE

/t/Userscript-Wanikani-Multiple-Answer-Input/15159

jakobd said...
Snave said... A plug in that adds accent number (the bit in square brackets) to the expanded info page on vocab items by yoinking it mercilessly from Excite.co.jp. Naturally, unless a perfect match is found in both reading and kanji, one is simply not listed. If you wish to take this a step further, the number could be displayed using the underline/overline/hook method on the reading.

The data would ideally be looked up, parsed and added to the page after loading to favour pop-up over extended load times.
 These?

What do they mean?

I see three years ago there was a discussion of a pitch accent plug-in; did anyone ever construct one? I would be very grateful!

by the way is any script for self study like described ↓ ↓

similar self study script which made by Mr. Robin、but it will called all unlocked item RANDOMLY across word and kanji from all unlocked level (radical removed)、item amount can be set to 50, 100 or  crazy mode 1000 items〜 is this solution already available?

off course this is would destroy SRS and this is preferable for who love continual drilling 〜

thank you~

gtsui87 said... Is there anything that let you compare kanjis side by side? I get confused a lot of times when there are similar kanji, would be nice to see the differences in writing.

Thanks this is exactlly what im looking for.

Asking again, I would love to have a self-study option, to add your own words. I hope Wanikani will ever do it themselves, but since it doesn’t seem to happen anytime soon… /sign

gtsui87 said...

gtsui87 said... Is there anything that let you compare kanjis side by side? I get confused a lot of times when there are similar kanji, would be nice to see the differences in writing.

Thanks this is exactlly what im looking for.
 I used it very useful
Lysu said... Asking again, I would love to have a self-study option, to add your own words.
There was, a long time ago, but I'm fairly certain it broke. Anyhow, the forum search is also broken, so I can't really look it up or give you further information about it.

I hope Wanikani will ever do it themselves, but since it doesn't seem to happen anytime soon... /sign
Yea, that's probably never going to happen. Not really in their mission statement. You'd better just use Anki with the suggestions you got from that other thread you created.

New unlocks/critical condition items/last burned items panels are totally useless.
I would love to have level vocab/last misreviewed items (with reading+meaning popup) or anything else instead of it.
Hiding the panels will work for now too.
Please?

Eekone said...
New unlocks/critical condition items/last burned items panels are totally useless.
I would love to have level vocab/last misreviewed items (with reading+meaning popup) or anything else instead of it.
Hiding the panels will work for now too.
Please?

To hide those panels I have this: /t/Userstyle-Wanikani-Clean-Dashboard/11232/1

Thanks! Actually I’ve already installed your style without hide options. It’s better now.
Still want this/level vocab under redicals and kanjies.

Also it would be great to have vocab with unlearnt with kanji reading highlited/sorted first in level Vocab list.

YES, pitch accent indicators would be extremely useful!

1 Like

Does anyone remember the “I mistyped” button? I found that very helpful because it’s very frustrating to send a kanji all the way back down to apprentice after a misstype!

Tokiprodnuk said... Does anyone remember the "I mistyped" button? I found that very helpful because it's very frustrating to send a kanji all the way back down to apprentice after a misstype!
 There's a list of most userscripts here: /t/The-New-And-Improved-List-Of-API-and-Third-Party-Apps/7694/1

And I presume you're looking for the ignore button: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23696-wanikani-override

Hey guys, not sure if a script like this already exists but I looked through the current APIs and did a web search and wasn’t able to find it. Sorry if this has already been made/requested.

I was wondering if it would be possible to sort reviews by their burn level? I’ve been inactive for a long time, and I have a lot of reviews built up. I thought it would help me catch up if I could get the enlightened/master/etc words burned first so that it would reduce the number of reviews I do each day. 

Is it possible to get a userscript that removes radicals from reviews? 
They’re the biggest waste of time IMO. 

Hi

I have two types of mistakes during kanji reviews:
1/ I just forgot the reading/meaning
2/ I mislead with another kanji because of the kanji shape

Type-2 error is pretty annoying, and when it happens (quite often with some specific kanjis), I have to dig in the wanikani kanji library to find out what was the f*** kanji I misled with ! Usually, it is often the same.

What would be great is a addon that shows me, when I answer wrong to a kanji review, the other kanji I use to mislead with. In order for me to do a quick review of all the set of kanji I often get wrong with it…

I suppose it needs to access some kind of memory of all the mistakes I’ve done with a specific kanji, and what were the usual error I do… ?

veleskola said... Is it possible to get a userscript that removes radicals from reviews? 
They're the biggest waste of time IMO. 
Short Answer: I do not know of one that already exists.

Long Answer:
The general consensus I see around here is that if they are a "waste of time" then you probably fall into 1 of 2 categories.
1) They are so simple it doesn't even take a thought.
2) They are too difficult /  abstract, and there is no point in them

If you fall into category 1, then just answer them. 20 radicals at 3 seconds each is a minute of your time. I get like 5-10 radicals a day that pop up. Really... its trivial to just answer them.

If you fall into category 2, then perhaps you should first learn WHY radicals can be useful. If you can understand where Koichi is coming from... you might be willing to push past the initial absurdity of it all. (They really do turn out to be useful)

If for whatever reason you still want to skip them, the work around I have seen is to just give them all a synonym like "asdf" so you can just blast through when you see something blue pop up. (It's not the same as skipping them... but  it does drop it down to 1 second per radical instead of 2-3)
Shimizoki said...
veleskola said... Is it possible to get a userscript that removes radicals from reviews? 
They're the biggest waste of time IMO. 
Short Answer: I do not know of one that already exists.

Long Answer:
The general consensus I see around here is that if they are a "waste of time" then you probably fall into 1 of 2 categories.
1) They are so simple it doesn't even take a thought.
2) They are too difficult /  abstract, and there is no point in them

If you fall into category 1, then just answer them. 20 radicals at 3 seconds each is a minute of your time. I get like 5-10 radicals a day that pop up. Really... its trivial to just answer them.

If you fall into category 2, then perhaps you should first learn WHY radicals can be useful. If you can understand where Koichi is coming from... you might be willing to push past the initial absurdity of it all. (They really do turn out to be useful)

If for whatever reason you still want to skip them, the work around I have seen is to just give them all a synonym like "asdf" so you can just blast through when you see something blue pop up. (It's not the same as skipping them... but  it does drop it down to 1 second per radical instead of 2-3)
 It's more that I already learned radicals in the past. I can easily dissect any kanji. My problem is now WK expects me to memorise all the silly names they've given them which is just a waste time.
I get that it ties in with the mnemonics but those also don't help me. 
But I will try that suggestion, thanks. 
yume1 said... Hey guys, not sure if a script like this already exists but I looked through the current APIs and did a web search and wasn't able to find it. Sorry if this has already been made/requested.

I was wondering if it would be possible to sort reviews by their burn level? I've been inactive for a long time, and I have a lot of reviews built up. I thought it would help me catch up if I could get the enlightened/master/etc words burned first so that it would reduce the number of reviews I do each day. 
Sorry, didn't see this twelve days ago.

You could use this script to sort your reviews by descending SRS level: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23503-wanikani-review-asc-desc-srs-order-radical-kanji-vocab 

So you'll get enlightened items first, then master, etc.

Ascending order is also possible.
hurtut said... Hi

I have two types of mistakes during kanji reviews:
1/ I just forgot the reading/meaning
2/ I mislead with another kanji because of the kanji shape

Type-2 error is pretty annoying, and when it happens (quite often with some specific kanjis), I have to dig in the wanikani kanji library to find out what was the f*** kanji I misled with ! Usually, it is often the same.

What would be great is a addon that shows me, when I answer wrong to a kanji review, the other kanji I use to mislead with. In order for me to do a quick review of all the set of kanji I often get wrong with it...

I suppose it needs to access some kind of memory of all the mistakes I've done with a specific kanji, and what were the usual error I do... ?
 That's indeed a very good idea. I also had it a few weeks ago! Would really help in de-learning those wrong associations!