What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

I can’t seem to get this filter to show up in Reorder Omega, although this did get me to take a closer look at the filter options already available and there are Radical List, Kanji List, and Vocabulary List options that work the same. The only trouble is that I don’t know if leaving those lists blank filters out all of the item type and that I don’t have an easy way of selecting the specific items I want to keep for the lesson (can’t easily copy paste from the dashboard progress section because each tile is a link). Thanks for the help though!

2 Likes

Those list filters are provided by the list script :slight_smile:
I haven’t used those filters myself so I’m not sure how they work either, but if they do filter out other types you can add a freeze and restore action to bring back the other items so that you can filter them again without affecting the first filter.

Example

1. Filter specific radicals
  2. Freeze & Restore
  3. Filter specific kanji
  4. Freeze and restore
  5. Filter specific vocab

What you end up with is only the items you specified, although they will be sorted by type (now I am thinking about adding an unfreeze action type to omega…)

2 Likes

Script to batch add synonyms (or remove when unnecessary), for example, Radicals. This will also easily allow Community Synonyms.

a Radical

I missed some synonyms actually – big clam or big shellfish.

Also, script to allow warning lists to be entered as correct.

1 Like

is there a script to limit the time an item is on screen during review?

for example I would like for an item to appea for 3s on screen, if I dont answer correct (I use anki script) it automatically marks it as incorrect and goes to the next item.

2 Likes

There is! Not sure if this is still working, though. It’s very old

2 Likes

Black list / Warning list / Kanji reading emphasis tweaks; as well as, allow warned synonyms.

Actually, I realized that this can be done.

var c = $.jStorage.get('currentItem')
c.auxiliary_readings = []
$.jStorage.set('currentItem', c)

I haven’t thought about UI of the script yet, though.

I’m working on a Chrome extension (which will be available for all major browsers) that will do exactly all of this. I’m not sure if people will be able to directly contribute to your deck but they can certainly “fork” it. I’ll update you when it’s closer to release!

2 Likes

Adding accepted answers to warning list or ban list.

Of course it would prefer more if this makes into a native feature.

User warning list. I am not sure I want to add some things as a synonym.

Is there a userscript that will always play the audio pronounciations for correct vocab words? Tsurukame does this, but I can’t see to find one that does this on WK

It’s a builtin feature, go into your settings, and under app, you have this option both for reviews and lessons

4 Likes

Is there a user script that could change the background of a wrong answer (red) into something … less intense? When I’m not doing well in my reviews, seeing it multiple times in a row makes me stabby.

Som soothing pink instead?

Oooh looks nice!

Install Stylus or a similar userstyle extensions, and click on this link to install it

1 Like

I want a script that will instantly make me fluent :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohhh it worked! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

Is there a userscript that allows you to just simply click on a Kanji while doing reviews, and have it open to the relevant WaniKani page?

Since it’s a pretty quick thing to do, I just went ahead and made a script for myself. It’s a pretty weird thing to want, but if anyone else might find some use here’s a link to use it yourself.

It just makes the Kanji characters in the item your reviewing clickable without having to expand the more item info section. I personally want this because I have another userscript that shows the stroke order on that page so it saves a lot of time

4 Likes

Is there a userscript that overrules WaniKani’s default “3 vocabulary examples max during kanji lessons” behavior to show ALL of the vocab that WaniKani has featuring that kanji? A key part of my memorization strategy for kanji is to look at or recognize the vocabulary it’s used in, so it would be nice to see all the options.

If someone wants to go above and beyond, I’d love if there was some way to see examples of vocab using the given kanji that AREN’T on WaniKani too. Maybe like set your own ideal number of vocab examples and after the WaniKani ones the next most common vocab (or a random selection of vocab marked common on JMdict) are filled in until that number is reached or it runs out of options. Since every once in a while (鬼 comes to mind) there aren’t a lot of vocab words on the site, even when the kanji is used in other words.

2 Likes