What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

Not sure if this exists already, but for me it would be superuseful to get a script that, once you reach a specific number of reviews pending, it puts your account automatically on vacation mode. It would be a good way of letting you have some control of your account numbers without getting too many items piled up.

is there a script to show only sentences (those from the lesson examples) with words and kanji I learned until my previous level?

This is exactly what I wanted. :smiley: I didn’t have any burns yesterday to confirm it until now, but thanks for linking this!

1 Like

Is there a way to keep track of a previous level’s kanji after you go up a level? I ask because I was keeping an eye on level 6 kanji to see when I could expect new vocab to unlock, but then I went to level 7 and now I can’t see what I can expect for the last 2 or 3 kanji left over from level 6. I don’t want to start new lessons for 7 until I finish with 6 vocab.

In WK you can look at all the kanji by level: WaniKani / Kanji

Also, there is a very nice page that gives you an even better overview in my opinion:

You just need to give it your (read-only) API token and you’re set.

1 Like

The Item Inspector script has a Previous Level SRS table for tracking items from the previous SRS level. This table will display the items and their SRS stage on the dashboard.

1 Like

This one

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, I’ll take a closer look at all of these.

1 Like

It’s a bit more manual, but if you don’t want additional stuff on your dashboard this script updates the specific level page to show where each item is at in the SRS.

2 Likes

Thank you as well, that looks very useful!

2 Likes

Can you make an extension that makes the context slide in lessons disappear so i dont need to press return
one more time to skip useless information?

1 Like

is it possible to create a script to import all kanji taught in genki I and II in order to someone to use it in nhk easy news?

Maybe there’s an Anki deck that has all those kanji?

I dont know how to use anki decks, but it should be a script, since it would work on websites like nhk news easy.

It would be similar to the current nhk script that take all kanji learned from WK, but in this case, it would be only the kanji that appear on genki I and II.

Could just ask the author of that script for additional features

A script that blurs this part of the lesson page, so you can try to guess the meaning from the kanji alone.

(I couldn’t find an already existing script for this purpose.)

I’m using this one:

It only shows the meaning on the meaning page and when you hover.

(Sorry, I’m sure there is a thread for it as well)

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Just spitballing here, but would it be possible to create a script that enhances the anime watching experience by adding Japanese subtitles with the kanji you’ve learned on WaniKani and furigana’d kanji everywhere else? Maybe english translations for the items you haven’t learned yet too? I’d be more difficult than just turning english subs on, and easier than no subs. I don’t know how feasible this is, if it already exists, or if there’s even some framework to work with on the host of websites streaming anime, but it might be cool.

Please correct me if this exists already; A plug-in that would simply pronounce out loud the vocab after you confirmed it (whether it was correct or not). As someone who tries to mimic pitch accent - this could help a lot instead of clicking the info then clicking the speech button for EACH vocab I pass through. It would be much more time-efficient.

You could have a button to select the prefered voice, (toggle) and a subtle toggle on and off button for ease of access.