Well, that was a ride. 1500+ days to lvl 60

I’m not gonna write much here, this is basically just going to be a small ‘hoorah’ to say I did it, I finished Wanikani. I did it, despite probably being the dumbest member of my family, and plethora of mental abnormalities (aspergers, possibly adhd). I started WK near the end of 2016 during university, and it all begun when I was given the choice to choose an elective to go along with my university degree, and a beginners Japanese class was it. I’ve always had an interest in learning the JP language, but that course is what gave me the push, Wanikani gave me the confidence, and my desire to raw dog anime was the drive that kept me truckin’. If those Burj Khalifas in my chart didn’t stop me, then I sure as hell ain’t stopping for Everest.

闘志止めねーぞ!

673928dd04c1edfffa8c60d0137bee30fd4486041b53d1a6899e5714dc620afe

81 Likes

Great job sticking with it. :smiley:

おめでとう

4 Likes

Kudos for making it to the end!!

3 Likes

Wonderful dedicatiton お疲れ様でした

1 Like

Congratulations!!! That’s a lotta reviewin’

3 Likes

May I ask which cake you got??? :cake:

1 Like

Also Congrats on reaching Level 60. :smiley:

1 Like

Well done on reaching the end! :grin: :confetti_ball: You’ve totally deserved this cake! :cake:

2 Likes

Congratulations bonkaholic-先輩!

bow hinata haikyu

Now here is some cake for you:
congratulations alice

What is next on your Japanese language journey?

2 Likes

It is done. Let us not speak of it again.

On a serious note congratulations <3 It’s a ton of work and a massive accomplishment, all the best to you and all your future Japanese-related endeavors!!!

2 Likes

My lvl 60 post pet peeve -_-
Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 14.30.46

Still, congrats!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

I’m right there with you with the autism, it makes long-term projects like wanikani much more demanding. i hope i can keep my enthusiasm up long enough, but i will not be surprised if/when i can’t keep going for a while.

It gives me courage to see that you got through even with this added difficulty!

2 Likes

Hoorah for keeping it up!

2 Likes

Gotta say, it’s reassuring seeing someone else whose graph looks a lot like mine reach level 60! xD Congratulations!! That’s really awesome! Good luck with your studies from here out! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face: :cake:

I love that gif! What’s it from?

2 Likes

I get cake? Will Kouichi hand deliver it? :yum:
@inspectatoro Passing at least jlpt 2, and after that, trying out applying for the JET program :fearful:
@RoseEater My favourite videogame of all time, Wario land 4
It’s actually fitting, because Wario makes his getaway in that car with the treasure he looted from a collapsing pyramid, the pyramid being Wanikani and the treasure being kanji, and… do you get it yet?

3 Likes

I should have known by the car’s moustache!

I had the first one on the GBA, loved that game. Me and my sister would compete for the high score of the paper aeroplane minigame :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

All the best! I wish you further success in your future endeavors s-se-先輩.

1 Like

Yeah he will… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like