Week 3: マリアビートル 🐞 (Advanced Book Club)

Week 3

Start Date Sections Page Numbers Page Count
August 12 木村, 果物, 天道虫 83 - 119 36

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current section(s) and any content in future sections.
  • Please also use spoiler tags when discussing content from the movie (Bullet Train).
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Proper nouns
Name Reading
木村雄一 きむらゆういち
わたる
蜜柑 みかん
檸檬 れもん
峰岸良夫 みねぎしよしお
寺原 てらはら
七尾 ななお
王子慧 おうじさとし
2 Likes

We learned a bit more about 木村 and his son, which was good to know, but, well… let us say I am glad the kid is not on the train and we are talking about past events here. Makes it easier. I hope, though, that going forward we will not read too many more shocking details with regard to the son’s fate other than we know already. I doubt I would want to continue reading if I had to cope with detailed depictions of (intended or real) cruelty against children for extended periods of time. We will see.

The other two chapters were ok, but not as enjoyable for me as the ones in the previous weeks. Do not know why. :thinking:

4 Likes

My theory is it’s because bloody 王子 turned up in everybody else’s chapters

5 Likes

You might have a point here! Had not even thought of that, but might very well be the reason.

3 Likes

At least it is highly unlikely that I forget his name again. :laughing:

3 Likes