Week 12: マリアビートル 🐞 (Advanced Book Club)

Week 12

Start Date Sections Page Numbers Page Count
October 14 木村, 果物, 王子, 天道虫 453 - 489 36

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current section(s) and any content in future sections.
  • Please also use spoiler tags when discussing content from the movie (Bullet Train).
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Proper nouns
Name Reading
木村雄一 きむらゆういち
わたる
蜜柑 みかん
檸檬 れもん
峰岸良夫 みねぎしよしお
寺原 てらはら
七尾 ななお
王子慧 おうじさとし
槿 あさがお
2 Likes

I feel like the line in the first section さあ、食べましょうよ。辛いのと甘いのを交互に。あと、果物があれば完璧なんだけど is the author deliberately referencing the construction of the book itself

Also, that’s both Lemon and Mikan now definitely dead, while Ouji dodges being killed yet again, which I’m a bit sad about.

7 Likes

Unexpected development again for me. I was somehow convinced 蜜柑 would make it to the final destination. As for 王子, I had already assumed that we will not be lucky enough to get rid of him any time soon.

By just ignoring the unpleasant background story, I have been enjoying the book pretty much the past few weeks. It is kind of hard to not just read to the end now. I am not sure whether I will manage to wait patiently. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Hmm, so maybe the line about the sweet ones being stronger was an admission that the fun chapters are the good part :thinking:.

Yeah, me too :slight_smile:.

4 Likes