Week 2: 虐殺器官 ☠🗡🫀 (Advanced Book Club)

Week 2

Start Date: Feb 17th
Previous Part: Week 1
Next Part: Week 3
Home Thread: 虐殺器官 :skull_and_crossbones::dagger::anatomical_heart:
Book club: Join the Advanced Book Club here!

Reading

A Start date To read Num pages
Week 2 Feb 17th end of Part 1, p63 24

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current section(s) and any content in future sections.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters
1 Like

I wasn’t expecting the protagonist to be a fellow Japanese language learner :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So they were able to achieve their mission and get the bad guy. The part mentioning that the executions won’t end after this, made me think if they were considering whether it was really worth it. Anyway, as this was the end of this part, I think it will continue in some other place/mission, maybe or maybe not related to the events that happened in this place.

4 Likes

One of them, at least. I have a feeling we haven’t heard the last of the mysterious American who was the secondary target.

3 Likes

Predictions based on the plot description from the back cover of the book:

• Target B is John Paul.
  • He’s manipulating 3rd world leaders into starting wars and genocides, then leaves once the situation is too far gone to be fixed.
  • I had a little trouble following the conversation at the end, but it seemed like the target had a “what have I done?!” moment. Almost like John Paul’s manipulation was wearing off after he left…
  • The philosophical discussion about language/words makes me think that the “genocidal organ” will be the speech center of the brain or something like that.
1 Like

Me only now realizing that this is taking place in Japan, after all…

I haven’t even started to think about the overarching story (and/or the meaning of the title) and we are already getting amazing predictions in this thread, I like it :smiley:

2 Likes