Week 4: 虐殺器官 ☠🗡🫀 (Advanced Book Club)

Week 4

Start Date: March 2nd
Previous Part: Week 3
Next Part: Week 5
Home Thread: 虐殺器官 :skull_and_crossbones::dagger::anatomical_heart:
Book club: Join the Advanced Book Club here!

Reading

A Start date To read Num pages
Week 4 March 2nd end of Part 2, p154 39

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current section(s) and any content in future sections.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters
1 Like

I had to laugh at the author’s idea that we would have perfect augmented reality with adverts and information seamlessly superimposed on the world without having to wear a big headset, and yet if you want to send a quick text message to somebody you have to stop at a touchboard at the side of the road to use its keyboard :rofl:

The book seems to be teeing up the idea that the genocidal organ of the title is Chomsky’s “language organ”. Never trust a generative grammarian…

2 Likes

I kind of dozed off when reading this part, so I feel like I missed a bunch of nuances. It was interesting that now we learned a little more about John Paul’s past - family and what he was doing before he went missing.

Since I’m going on long vacation, I’ll just try to keep up with the timelines of this book club, but probably won’t post here for a while. :shinto_shrine:

3 Likes