Week 1: 封印再度 - Who Inside

Join the Saikawa & Moe (S&M) Series Book Club here!

封印再度 - Who Inside Home Thread

Week 1

Start Date: Dec 03
Next Part: Week 2

Reading:

Week Start Date Chapter Page Count
Week 1 Dec 03 Chapter 1 ~57

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
(Please feel free to update your status whenever you like!)

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Name Reading Notes Proof
儀同 世津子 ぎどう せつこ friend of Moe
西之園 萌絵 にしのその もえ
3 Likes

So I haven’t quite started reading yet, but I have opened up the book - and my, what lovely chapter titles. :blush:

I’m a bit confused by the English titles, but I’m looking forward to finding out what that’s all about. Or not, that’s okay too.

4 Likes

I must confess that I haven’t even opened the book, but I think tomorrow might be good for starting on it.
Regarding English titles, I’ve been confused by the English book titles ever since, so no surprise to me that English chapter titles would be equally confusing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m sure this book will be about a Who stuck inside the vase on the cover, right? There’s nothing to be confused about :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@NicoleIsEnough Seems like the second link in the OP doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Oh, thanks! It’s fixed now :blush:

2 Likes

Oh! Now that would explain a lot :joy_cat:
I had secretly hoped to encounter another rock star in the vase :grin: :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

I’m getting 笑わない数学者 vibes

Also, finally a cover that makes sense!!

5 Likes

Finished!

• So far it seems like the title should be How Inside instead :wink:
  • I feel a little bad, but there’s something satisfying about reading about a smart Japanese character struggling a bit with English grammar
  • Didn’t expect a 自動詞 joke :slight_smile:
4 Likes

Finished too!

• Student dude compares people to types of airplane? 飛行機でいうと… xD
  • 〈我が人生に悔いなし/日比野〉
  • スカンディナヴィア半島 :eyes: My homeland!
  • I like how box was written as 匣.
4 Likes

I’m catching up (too slowly) but I’m disappointed by the lack of Doctor Who references in this thread.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s up to you to remedy that! :wink:

4 Likes

Uuuuuh here you go then (plus you know, it’s bigger on the inside).

Also, I just found out there’s an actual magic trick called “who inside” with a small jar and a key/padlock, it has to be inspired by the book!

6 Likes