[WebApp] WaniKani Timemachine!

that’s some steady progress!

currently yes, i’m quite busy atm, i plan to finish a rewrite in the first weeks of april which will be fancier and overall more elegant :wink: this is really just a rough thing^^

This is really cool!

At a superficial level I got no errors, so that’s good. One suggestion is to add a function to start at some date, or recognize resets. Sorry if it’s been suggested before, but for me it looks like this:

Edit: after scrolling I saw it’s been mentioned at least three times already. Sorry about that. :confused:

1 Like

the rewrite will have functionality to accommodate that in some way,
something like a range select or zoom-in feature

1 Like

AAAAAA This is awesome!! Thank you so much!!

This is fffffff cool !

1 Like

Super excited someone’s making this! I’ve always wanted to be able to visualize my progress like this, so thank you @dasding !

I know that this is probably very difficult to implement, but I wonder if it would be possible to automatically generate a series of pictures that someone could use as a background for their PC, since Windows doesn’t support .gifs or videos as backgrounds. Basically, say 1 photo for a given time period taken at a given interval (every time you level up, once a month, or something like that) with a date/time stamp. Not something that is something that you should focus on for the API contest - just a thought about a cool feature for the (distant) future.

1 Like

Discovered this today, really nice!

Mine is a bit of an edge case: I joined WaniKani a long time ago but didn’t really start using it (read: decide it was worth the money) until recently. As a result my graph looks like this:

Would be awesome if it either automatically cut off the long period of no activity or if I could just manually “zoom in” to a particular time period.

1 Like

not so fast!

2 Likes

Good! I got worried there for a moment a few days

1 Like

For all the righteously worried people: the rewrite is making good progress. ETA: 1-2 weeks

Edit:
I’m bad at ETAs obviously.

5 Likes

3 Likes

https://public.dasding.online/wanikanitm2/

6 Likes

Upgrade :open_mouth:

:star_struck:

(The second graph is a bit weird though)

2 Likes

Sorry was in a hurry earlier, only time to post a link =P

Well here it is, a rewrite of the poc, including a fancier graph, better performance and no reloading of data on every page visit.
I did not get all the features in that i wanted to, due to very limited time. But i didn’t want to release nothing any longer. Some things didn’t make it in like a responsive layout (which i might patch in later) or selecting Kanji/Vocab progress visualization and showing a level line.

Second graph is to always have a full overview while being able to select certain timerange to display in the top graph. like this:
http://www.giphy.com/gifs/mBYrhEOoPD994DJTGe
I didn’t get the yaxis for the graph at the bottom fixed as the library has some issues with this setup and this is a massive timesink to fix<.<

also damn that’s some steady progress!

6 Likes

Ah, now I understand :sweat_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

I was wondering, could the graph steps be more rounded?
Maybe steps of like 900 up to 9000? Maybe even steps of 1000 up to 9000? The current steps don’t really make sense currently.

2 Likes

it seems the app is using ~1980pixels as an hardcoded value of the screen width, am i right?
In such case, would it be possible to use the full width of the navigator window? (i am using a 4k display). Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

the new version is reallllly nice !

2 Likes

it is nice.

1 Like