Way to Open Reading and Meaning tab Automatically?

Hi guys,

When I get a review wrong, whether it’s a reading or a meaning, i would like to see BOTH the reading and the meaning so that I can read the entire entry again.

It’s extremely enraging having to mouse down and open the reading information (afer alrdy pushing info) if I get a meaning review wrong for example. It also adds a ton of time when you have hundreds of reviews.

The Android app has this function. It auto opens the reading, if you get a reading review wrong. (still doesnt open ALL information on the entry).

Better yet anyway to automatically open the entire entry once you get it wrong? Is this doable on the desktop?

Thanks

You can press ‘f’ to open the tab for whatever you got wrong, and then if you press ‘space’ you open the whole entry. That may not be exactly what you want, but it’s a million times better than clicking all the way.

5 Likes

You are a hero man. Thank you so so much for this. I can’t believe I didn’t know it until now.

Keep chugging along. We are almost at the promised land.

2 Likes

I’ll meet you there soon enough :wink:

During lessons/reviews, you can check all WaniKani keyboard shortcuts with the button in the very bottom right.

I have to admit I chuckled a bit at you learning about this easier way at level 59. :joy: All the click-suffering you endured!

2 Likes

If you’re too lazy to even press ‘f’, then the WaniKani Companion add on for chrome automatically opens it for you.

2 Likes

Thanks! I already found out about the “f” key somewhere else on the forum and now here’s a tip about the space bar. Love these tips! And thanks, @Bomaran, for asking the question in the first place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.