Watch Disney movies in Japanese

Hey guys, do anyone know how I can watch Disney movies in Japanese? I have Disney plus, but none of the movies i grew up with is aviable in Japanese, and I cant make an account on the Japanese version of the page.

I don’t want to buy physical copies of the movies, but I am willing to buy them digitally of the price is not too high.

4 Likes

What if you use a vpn to pretend you’re in Japan?

1 Like

I was sad about this too =(
I have all three Lion King movies on DVD in Japanese, and absolutely love watching them!

I watch The Mandalorian. I know, not what we grew up with, but it is available in Japanese on your Disney + <3

Anyone know of a list of what can be seen in Japanese?

2 Likes

I can’t even log on my local server if my VPN is on (and set to where I am)
They have a pretty darn good VPN detector

1 Like

Anyone know of a list of what can be seen in Japanese?

Here’s one - it’s really not a lot, unfortunately. I wish they’d add the japanese tracks for all those ~90’s animated movies ;_;

I have all three Lion King movies on DVD in Japanese, and absolutely love watching them!

I’m so jealous!! I don’t even own a dvd player (since I usually really don’t need one), so getting the physical version wouldn’t make much sense. Sigh.

2 Likes

I use my PS3/4 for disks. But had a special DVD player for the imported videos. It runs a bit weird, too bright colors, but works.
Haven’t tried hooking that old ass zone free dvd player on my new tv though, it ain’t easy to get old shit to work on new stuff =P
Got my Game Cube up though, so should be easy enough.
But would MUCH preffer just loging in to D+ and put it on, as well as seeing everything else.

Long ago there were a YouTube channel who added the full lenght videos of Japanese dubs from Disney, Star Wars (before it was Disney) and others. They got banned of cause, but I managed to save some on my computer. Still sitting on a HD somewhere… Only got to save a few, but it is such a good resource, watching movies you know and love!

2 Likes

That list was sad and short…
Most of it was short or shit XD
A few good ones, but so, so few!

1 Like

Disney plus in Japan does not accept users from other countries. You need an Japanese credit card to get a Japanese account :pensive:

2 Likes

Ha, nice.
I mean, I’m sure there’s still some way to find them, it’d just be great if there was an easy and legal option. It’s 2021, it’s a little ridiculous that there isn’t. Region blocking is stupid, man.

4 Likes

Most of it was short or shit XD

Yeah, exactly :joy:

1 Like

All Disney plus originals are in Japanese, but that is also almost about it :sweat_smile:

Yeah, pretty much. Not exactly a lot :smile: But the whole point would be to rewatch something we’ve seen a couple of times as a kid, right. Easier to understand something you already know well (Also, nostalgia).
For newer things I might as well stick to Netflix, at least that has some Japanese content + Netflix works with a VPN from what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Yup, I have learned a lot from listening to the Japanese dubs of the songs. Since I know the meaning already it’s like having 10 year old me giving me hints about the lyrics :blush:

1 Like

I’d gladly pay for a second D+ membership if they allowed me.
Heck I’d even pay BBC if they’d allow me, but they don’t! So I just click “yes I have a license” while on VPN.
I WANT to give them my money, they just refuse to take it :man_shrugging:
I’d even buy a limited one (only BBC production originals, like Doctor Who, Qi and so on)

3 Likes

Importing used PS3 from another region is also a good option for imported physical movies :grin:

Story of my life.

3 Likes

Huh. Netflix might not have Disney movies, but I just saw that my country’s Netflix has Japanese audio for a bunch of Dreamworks movies. (Might be the case for the US one too?) Never thought to check until now.
I’ll definitely try to (re)watch one of those some time soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: Looks like they added the Japanese dubs for a bunch of stuff! A few of the older animated movies have Japanese audio tracks available now, including for example the Lion King or Mulan.

Neat :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for letting me know! I am going to see Mulan tonight :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.