Wanikanify - A Google Chrome Extension

not working for me now, either.  it used to, though

nice i will try this out :smiley:

This is awesome! Thank you :slight_smile:

I. Absolutely. Love. This!

It’s not working for me no matter what i do. Any suggestions on what to do? Entered the api key and made sure i was actually looking at something that i’ve learned on wanikani and it still wont translate it.

Nvm it started working after i requested a new api key and cleared the cache

is seems someone asked if there was a firefox version and didn’t get a response, so i’ll just post it now while this thread is alive again: looki made a firefox version that you can find here.

This is such a great idea, if only it were available on Firefox. I guess I’ll have to use Chrome sometimes just for this.

LOL just found out this works on Netflix Subtitles! :D

WOOHOO

this is awesome!

trAnwhiz said... This is such a great idea, if only it were available on Firefox. I guess I'll have to use Chrome sometimes just for this.
Was this a joke post or...????
trAnwhiz said... This is such a great idea, if only it were available on Firefox. I guess I'll have to use Chrome sometimes just for this.
 /t/WaniKanify-for-Firefox/4288/1
douzo

This is an innovative idea! Keep up the good work!

Just came across this extension. Good work! should really help to solidify the meanings of Kanji and vocab so long as you read them out of context. I’ve found it’s also helped to remind me of a few synonyms I’d forgotten about :slight_smile:

I’m in the middle of adding more stuff to it right now. The current person developing it hasn’t touched it in a while. An update is coming with a bunch of new features. Hopefully this weekend I’ll be done with the features. But I’ve been working on the new stuff for about 3-4 months off and on. The big feature is the ability to import vocab words and readings from google spreadsheets and by mousing over an item (or clicking maybe?) it will play audio so you know how to pronounce it. Also the settings will be synced using Chrome sync. A few other small additions… But most of the major features are finished.

Sounds great!

This is an awesome extension! Thanks so much! I’m glad I found it. :slight_smile:

Saying my thanks over here. Now I “just” have to level up more so I get more things replaced!

how do i get the Public API key?

Just to comment, if the web page is dynamic and loads content after the page has already finished loading. The wanikanify will not change that text. Maybe have it so that every 10 seconds, it checks if anything has changed.

aragonsr said... I'm 中 the 中 of adding more stuff to it 右 now. The current 人 developing it hasn't touched it 中 a while. An update is coming with a bunch of new features. Hopefully this weekend I'll be done with the features. But I've been working on the new stuff for about 3-4 months off and on. The 大きい feature is the ability to import vocab words and readings from google spreadsheets and by mousing over an item (or clicking maybe?) it will play audio so you know how to pronounce it. Also the settings will be synced using Chrome sync. A few other 小さい additions... But most of the major features are finished.
 Can't wait for this update, The feature about importing my own vodab words is very exciting!