WaniKanify 2.0 - Chrome Extension

It throws errors in the console when attempting to play audio of a word (the audio itself isn’t played)

Refused to execute inline event handler because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: “script-src github.githubassets.com”. Either the ‘unsafe-inline’ keyword, a hash (‘sha256-…’), or a nonce (‘nonce-…’) is required to enable inline execution.

Also YouTube is kind of messed up (the thumbnails, authors and video names are from different videos)

Also throws a bunch of errors while this is hapenning

OMG, yusss! This is amazing.

@4183R7 Keep in mind, every website is created differently.

YouTube for instance, will show the below “errors” on every page load which is the expected behavior. See below image.

Normal behavior above red line

It may help in some cases to set the Extension to run when “Clicked” instead of automatically also depending on how the web page loads.

There is a GitHub issue thread here that mentions issues running on some sites. You can add this URL to that list of you want and describe the specific site error. There are millions of sites that could have their own issue, so hopefully members of the community will collaborate and submit their fixes on GitHub.

Again, I would suggest adding the site to the Extensions blacklist, or setting the extension to run when clicked for now if you get any promise or audio issues on a specific site.

@jmaher16

For a future update would it be possible to change the audio to pull the voice actors from the WK API?

Could be interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Another suggestion, would it be possible to change it so that when it picks a vocab it will prioritize the primary over an alternative. For example, for ”friend” it picks "味方” over "友達”

Answered on GitHub.

@Pep95 @TechnoChimp Yay! Thanks!
If you like it give it a 5 star rating in the Google Web store! :partying_face:

1 Like

@ThePieMonster YAY! It started working for me when I tried today!!! I’m so excited! Thank you for your hard work! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Just a suggestion, but it might be worth adding this on The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps.

So, I’ve been commenting here before that it wasn’t working for me. I was away from the forums for a few weeks due to being busy at work. I came back today and just hit the WK-fy 2.0 button in my browser for the hell of it and… it bloody WORKS!!!

Whatever you did, OP, it works now for me now, in both latest versions of Chrome and Brave browsers;)

Thanks so much :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, just gave it a try and it’s amazingggg! ありがとうございます!:star2:

I love this extension but no firefox support :sob:

Hello!
I need help with importing data from spreadsheet.
Everytime I click on import data, it says ‘failed to import’.
I followed all the steps.
Please help : (
My published to web spreadsheet link:

Hi @hidenori. I see you posted this issue on GitHub also, in the future please don’t post in both places. GitHub will be used only for tracking these types of issues, not the forums page. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey, I started to use this app and it works pretty good for me. I just realized since I use it, Youtube kinda messes up title and video.
Video and titel often don´t match.

right hand gets translated to 正しい 手 :sweat_smile: . Theres a lot of instances where its really wrong.

I forked the github project and did enough to get a version working on Firefox. At the moment, I’ve only tested the text replacement feature and it seems to work just fine. The rest I haven’t gotten to yet. I got a little excited and published an experimental add-on. I should have asked first; let me know if you’d like me to take it down. I just figured I’d get it out there so people could use it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Dorgengoa and @ThePieMonster You are a Gods among men!
Btw! Works really well on Firefox!

@ThePieMonster deserves far more credit than I. The conversion mostly came down to changing variable names :stuck_out_tongue: . I’m glad to hear it’s working for you though! By any chance, did you test any of the the other features (i.e. audio, custom vocab override, imported spreadsheets)?

I did test the audio and it works good! Didn’t test the custom vocab and imported spreadsheets yet. I will write back when I do for sure!

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much!

Thank you! I’ve only tested the conversion but it works well. Thank you both for the extension, I didn’t know I needed it.

Tried using though it wasn’t working with the example page you provided. The API was tested and confirmed synced with server.