WaniKani Updates April 18, 2018

Right now we have some big projects we’re focusing on that we’re eager to get out to you guys. That means new kanji are on the back burner for now, but it’s definitely on the list. (Just like, really far down on the list atm.)

17 Likes

Oooh 14 new lessons! that’s exciting!

3 Likes

I know it’s just my personal experience, but I saw 主位 a while back while watching a stupid celebrity race on Japanese TV. But if 首位 is more common, then I guess it makes sense to change it.

Now you old timey WK users will know both :muscle:

14 Likes

Are you referring to that long awaited radical/mnemonic rewrite? :scream:

It affects like… a fifth of the site so it’s taking me a million years. But yes. And some other things like new sentences. And secrets.

41 Likes

WaniKani Matrix Interface Edition confirmed.

15 Likes

Still waiting for the anime versions of the art on this site to be released to appeal to the otaku userbase.

In the meantime, I’ll take this update. Thanks for your hard work~

8 Likes

rainbow_heart :durtle_noice:

That made me laugh way more than it should.

Edit:

Aaaaaaaah so exiting :sparkles:

6 Likes

New lessons! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh! Because I was wondering why I was seeing 札 in my lessons and I’d passed that several levels ago :slightly_smiling_face: I was so excited to get new lessons then came here and saw that they were part of the update :sweat_smile:

Kudos to you hardworking, masters :ramen::champagne::durtle_love:

5 Likes

Oooh, so that’s why suddenly my lessons got piled up right after finished doing a session of lesson marathon. lol

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Ooh, thanks for keeping us updated! Thie bit about 文句する gave me a giggle, ha.

Also congrats about this:

So @ all of y’all:

15 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: :bowing_woman:

5 Likes

I was both surprised and oddly happy to find 14 new lessons waiting for me when I logged onto WK :see_no_evil: it’s been a while ^^

Just a couple proofreading things I noticed as I went through them:

• For 値札:

–>“The king always buys stuff without[…]”

• This is really really really minor and doesn’t even really matter or make a difference at all, but for 優れる:
    → Quotation mark before the question mark instead of after: “at once”?

• For 以降:

–>“…you’ll never need to find new means of descending.”

A big thanks to all of you for all the work you continue to do! お疲れ様〜 :crabigator::sparkles:

28 Likes

Oh, this is why I kept getting this weird kanji wrong though I’m at lv 26 now. Grrrrrrrr!!!

3 Likes

Little updates like these make me strangely happy and increasingly content with my decision to go for lifetime subscription :smile:

2 Likes

Why you got do this to me on the fast levels. I already have like 50 lessons a day and you give me more? :weary:

11 Likes

Yay dev team and WK peoples! :raised_hands::raised_hands: Great job and thanks for the update!

a small suggestion though…

Could you add in (eventually) a new reading explanation/mnemonic? Right now it’s the typical combine-onyomi stuff. Except with 首, we learned くび as the main reading. We technically learn しゅ with 部首 in level 9 but it would be nice to have a reminder.

1 Like

Is everything still updating? American and French people are listed in both level 1 and 3 for me. I didn’t check the other vocabs that moved yet…

Edit: To add, mine are unburned as shown in level 1, burned in level 3, and clicking on either shows it burned in level 3