WaniKani shirts?

I am a graphic designer and many a time I feel the need to design a shirt of whatever i’m really focusing on at the time. I feel like shirts designed with WaniKani memes would not only be a great way to combine my learning and passion at the same time, but also to create stuff that could possibly be shared with a wider community. What does everyone (or the one singular person to read this) think? Also, ideas? I’m still a beginner but instantly after learning 下 I had an idea for a shirt simply stating “Oh 下!” (that makes no sense in Japanese but yaknow…English speakers unite!)

14 Likes

https://community.wanikani.com/t/wanikani-desktop-wallpapers/25/14

Official shirts aside, anything would be nice

2 Likes

I think the major thing is that they want them to be really nice if they do it. The major reason why they haven’t done it yet anyway.

1 Like

:durtle_the_explorer:

Meme shirts sound awesome! :durtle_love:

1 Like

i would totally buy wanikani inspired t-shirts, too :metal:

6 Likes

I would LOVE a WK shirt, but it would need some Japanese characters on it. I’d buy some.

7 Likes

Great Idea. Take my money.

1 Like

If I got this after reaching lvl 60 it would all be wort it.

7 Likes

I wanna buy some too!

1 Like

23 Likes

So, WK, will we have some shirts soon? PLEASE!!

1 Like

Although I often join the complain chorus, I actually kinda understand Koichi’s viewpoint. He just doesn’t want to do anything half-assed. When he noticed that EtoEto could be developed into something much more useful, although it would take a lot more time, he decided that it wasn’t in anyone’s best interest to rush the beta version to public. He’d rather give us a good product, even when it takes longer to develop.

T-shirt is no different. He has nothing against WK or Tofugu t-shirt per se, but he wants it to be one that you can wear for many years to come. It turns out, it’s not easy to find a t-shirt producer that can give you quality and also do international delivery and fulfill a bunch of other requirements. That’s why t-shirt still hasn’t happened yet.

Of course, this is just my interpretation. I might be totally wrong.

2 Likes

i need this, then i can wait for a crabigator shirt.

10 Likes

They’re working on it

https://community.wanikani.com/t/wanikani-desktop-wallpapers/25/14?u=kumirei

3 Likes

^^^ Lol… 2012 comment ftw :laughing:

3 Likes

I need this too, where did you find :open_mouth:

And all the yes to WK shirts. I need all the shirts.

2 Likes

saw this in tokyo and googled it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also need that shirt :smiley: it is just awesome if someone ask and you reply " I have no idea what is written on my shirt " reminds me on this guy - Guy Gets Chinese Symbols Tattooed On His Arm With Hilarious Meaning - LADbible

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.