Wanikani screenshots 📸

がつ when its a specific month (or 何月), and げつ otherwise. It’s a lovely little trick; when I learned it, I never got one wrong again except answering 十月 as December, but that’s my fault

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try to remember that!

I don’t think I’ve answered the wrong month for a #月 yet but it absolutely takes me a moment to go from “10th month” to “October” in my head, so don’t feel too bad.

Chicken + Egg. In that order. There’s a punchline there somewhere, I’m sure… :hatching_chick:

chrome_2017-12-22_11-37-55

2 Likes

I guess we know which one came first…

egg1

egg2

15 Likes

13 Likes

excellent!!!

2 Likes

the english names for months are all over the place because of some caesar changing january from the 11th month to the first, meaning that ‘september’ through to ‘december’ have erroneous numbers at the beginning of them that no longer match with the actual month…
sept 7 (actually 9th month)
oct 8 (actually 10th month)
nov 9 (actually 11th month)
dec 10 (actually 12th month)

nightmare…

I know that, English is my native language. The explanation I heard was that the introduction of July and August (named after Julius and Augustus Caesar) was to blame.

I’m pretty sure I do it because I associate 10 with the end of a series.

EDIT: That may have come out more terse than I intended.

1 Like

Yay!
Help.

6 Likes

4 Likes

LevelUP Celebrator

oh that makes more sense ! haha

The next few days are going to be…eventful.

54 AM

2 Likes

I finally guru-ed the fins radical after making so many typos.

3 Likes

ninzuu

"じんすう or にんすう?
じんすう or にんすう
じんすう or にんすう? :cold_sweat:

Let’s go with にんすう and may God help me!":man_technologist:

ninzuu 2

It was a burn review too.

12 Likes

Wow multiple 666s

6 Likes

For some reason にんずう seems the natural reading to me, so i haven’t ever gotten this wrong. :smiley:

1 Like

So last night I went to a クリスマスパーティ but still did my 100+ reviews after I got home. Today I wasn’t in any worries to do the reviews, but I just opened WK and…

WHAT THE ME OF 6 MONTHS AGO HAS DONE?! WAIT! NOT A SINGLE BURN! IT’S ALL MY RECENT ME’S FAULT Oo

Untitled

4 Likes

That works too :thinking:

7 Likes