Wanikani screenshots 📸

reject modernity, return to
grafik

8 Likes

What script is the top half? (The Lessons, Reviews, Levels, Kanji and Vocab)

Finally, a perfect score! 100 points!

What? Shut up! :grin:

9 Likes

I’m gonna say that’s ! Thanks to that very font (as you might imagine, hahah), I learned that that’s a not uncommon handwriting variant – you’ll see kanji like 問, 間, and 関 written like that sometimes as well.

3 Likes

I’ve done reviews daily for 362 days. I’m so, so close to a year straight. It’ll be an incredible milestone that I can be really proud of.

I’m vacationing in Florida tomorrow and going on vacation mode.

2 days before my year streak.

16 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 9.11.29 PM
my review schedule is out of control

6 Likes

Nooo…!

Can’t you do something like 10 reviews a day on the road for just those two days?
My longest streak (so far) was 110, and even that annoyed me to no end when I had to break it…

But enjoy your vacation, anyway! (and be safe) :smiley:

1 Like

Very rare for myself to get even 30 correct, so I’m a bit happy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Wow that’s a lot for just being on level 7. It’s supposed to naturally ramp up as you level up as you add more items to the SRS, so it’ll probably become unmanageable in a few months… I get 300 reviews a day which is great (silent scream). Few things you can do… review things sooner after they pop up, don’t do all your lessons at once (a lot of people do that right off the bat and it makes sense, a few in later levels, but it really just makes things harder in my experience) and keeping your apprentice count low (below 100 is the goal)… the biggest one is getting more reviews right but that’s a kind of thing you learn over time. We all struggle :sweat_smile: Just some unsolicited advice! がんばって!

3 Likes

internal screaming

13 Likes

Shhh, it wasn’t me… :bomb: :eyes:

8 Likes

reviews
ok this is just silly now

7 Likes

I’ve been having a really bad time and I just couldn’t keep up. Two months without level up, and 1000 reviews piled up, I finally decided to to reset and try again :frowning:

Reset the clock, boys and girls and inbetween

8 Likes

Do you know what went wrong, and what you should change?
I definitely recommend limiting your Apprentice count, and maybe installing this:

4 Likes

Just life got in the way as it tends to do… Had to move out due to some shit with my roommate in the beginning of 2020, lost my job back in March, realized I’m not as straight as I thought and ended up breaking up with my partner at the time which had been coming either way I guess since it wasn’t working out so great after it had turned into a long-distance relationship last year…

Japanese turned into one of my escapes these last months, and I went full speed WK for a while which is just not sustainable for me. I got a new job now and things are starting to normalize, which is nice.

Im not really planning on doing anything differently this time really, just pushing through and hoping for the best :slight_smile:

And since this is the screenshot thread:
I love that it says restart date!

4 Likes

sorry to hear that :pensive:

it sounds like your situation is better now, hopefully it stays that way for as long as possible :crossed_fingers:
we’re proud of you! or at least i am haha
:facepunch: 頑張って !

2 Likes

grafik
I meant to wait until I got to 500 to share my burns but this may be more important

10 Likes

Konnichiwa! New member here. This is my first “Oh, come on now!” moment.

9 Likes

Yeah, WaniKani doesn’t like numbers written like that. It’s just because WaniKani lets you get one or two letters wrong in a response without counting it wrong, but that’s all the difference between 10 and 42, for example. You’ll get used to it!

1 Like

dude, same

2 Likes