Wanikani screenshots 📸

The first time I saw this I went past it too fast to screenshot it, so I made sure to stop and take the pic the next time :slight_smile:

(And yes, the horror, this happened during the great CSSenning two weeks ago)

9 Likes

The saga continues!
05%20PM

6 Likes

Ayeeeee :muscle:t3:

I’m not going nearly as fast as I’d like while working a 40+ hour workweek, I’m averaging like 10.5 days a level or so, but I also write down every lesson and self-study a few times after like 15 minutes so it takes some time. Doing 20 lessons a day, writing it all down, and studying so it really soaks in and sticks is taking me over 2 hours a day (not including my grammar and Kitsun decks, etc.)… which I do enjoy; honestly WaniKani is usually the highlight of my day.

I need more hours in my day. WaniKani and the Japanese language in general has become such a priority

6 Likes

Oh no, so many new lessons :see_no_evil: this will take some time till I see the first radicals :fearful:

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

7 Likes

It was very interesting reading through this topic from the start (yes took me a few days) Just to see the people complaining about mistakes in level 10 or somewhere early, while seeing their current level at 60.

Which meant that throughout all those struggles, they still made it.
Maybe one day, I can look at my own struggles the same way.

At the same time, it’s also sad to see the few that were all motivated at the start, but still didn’t get further than level 3.
I guess that’s bound to happen with anything though.

Sorry, don’t have a screenshot today. I’m posting this from another pc.

13 Likes

@trunklayer, I think Koichi has noticed you

10 Likes

I was angry for a moment, but then I couldn’t help but laugh. I had never heard the word “matriculation” until moving to Japan. When I learned 入学, I learned its English definition and thus learned matriculate. It’s one of the only words so far I’ve known in Japanese before English.

So there’s a certain irony in wanikani not accepting this as an answer!

4 Likes

Oh really? That’s the word I would use to join a school in Catalan and Spanish

1 Like

やったぞ!!! d2cca2c856f192419cc733a5392449b085eb1bae

0-0

12 Likes

Appreciate your ability to see past my stupid fat fingers, WK :grimacing:

The classic album.

6 Likes

Reviews are a bit slow at the moment :thinking:

Or “shopkeeper” not being an accepted synonym. Did I add it? No. Do I like suffering? Maybe.

2 Likes

It finally happened - my # burned exceeded my # enlightened.

I’m in the endgame now.

20 Likes

:see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Hit 1500 Guru+'d kanji on the dot today, guess I should quit so it can stay a pretty number :man_shrugging:t3:

T-minus 2-3 months until 60!

4 Likes

Yay?

4 Likes

sometimes I just wanna die :sob:

6 Likes

Some transitive verbs (like this one) don’t accept “something”, yet some others (like 動かす) require it. The inconsistency is kinda annoying…

8 Likes

The English equivalents of transitive vs intransitive don’t always work.

Cure Dolly actually uses the terms ‘self-move’ (for intransitive type verbs) and ‘other-move’ (for transitive type verbs) and that seems to work much better since in English, the two overlap too often.

This all makes verbs very annoying in translation. It’s probably easier to stop thinking about transitive or intransitive and more thinking of is this verb relating to myself or something else.

I found that verbs ending in ーえる or ーす often are other-move verbs. And the ones ending in ーる are often self-move verbs.

This video helped me explain it all better:

5 Likes