Wanikani screenshots 📸

In the year 1815, Mount Tambora blows it’s top and spews a ton of volcanic ash into the atmosphere leading to a volcanic winter and heavy rainfalls of 1816 (also known as ‘Eighteen Hundred and Froze To Death’). This would also affect the plans of a British couple on holiday in Switzerland. leading to the creation of Frankenstein

6 Likes

Are U coming back home?

1 Like

I’m trying really really hard. (also 42!!! Congrats my dude!)

1 Like

Not only is it nice to be rewarded for essentially making these forums your home :durtle_the_explorer:, but it was also a nice reminder of that decision I made ~1 year ago when I was in my level 20s and decided to come back to WK after a 7 month hiatus and didn’t let the massive review and lesson pile intimidate me from returning c:

There was a time I thought I’d never see the golden badge, and yet, here we are… :heavy_heart_exclamation: it’s easy to put things off or to let the fear of failure hold you back from trying/continuing something, but a decision today could significantly impact the progress you can make one week… one month… and one year from now :slightly_smiling_face:

So keep 頑張ってing everyone, I want to see you all with that golden badge someday! :crabigator::sparkles:

And if there’s something that you’re struggling to begin or continue with…

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧:・゚✧

20 Likes

6922109d3257b85fda4254e5492188b0
Lucky for us you made that decision!

I’m probably never going to get that badge.

3 Likes

Welcome back mate :heart: Check chapter 11 of this post that I wrote. It might make things easier for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers to another 365 days of Miss :durtle_love: :heart:

3 Likes

:durtle_love:

We’ll just have to keep giving you reasons to come back here to the forums so that you can get it too :sparkling_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart:

:green_heart:

4 Likes

tumblr_pf7ymcHUPM1whd35oo1_250

I would have gotten it last year but Hurricane Harvey had other plans. Then this year I stopped using the forums for a while.

3 Likes

currently facing a bit of a slump myself but that genuinely motivated me - thank you :laughing: i will try and follow your lead - because actually since i’m more active in this forum i do my reviews more regularly as well (with big thanks to @rfindley for the forum lesson/review status userscript :smile:)

3 Likes

(^~^)!

com-gif-maker

I definitely noticed a positive correlation between becoming more active on the forums and motivation to come back to WK every single day, I’m glad it’s working for you too ^^ that level 60 cake will be yours before you know it :cake:

6 Likes

@MissMisc
Wow congrats! You’re really ubiquitous here :slight_smile:

According to the countdown thread. In exactly 81 days

I hope to be able to do it… place your bets on me!

6 Likes

:blue_heart: c:

No pressure but
com-crop

4 Likes

This! It’s harder to give up when there’s more than just learn item, review item. I can’t even get the silver badge though, for some reason.

48%20AM

but

No green check. Boo.

2 Likes

It has to be consecutive days visited, so if there was one day within the 102 days visited that you didn’t go to the forums, your streak starts over o:

3 Likes

Hm, I may have been spotty in the beginning. I guess that means any time now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

to my disappointement i found out today as well that it has to be consecutive. i’m on 99 days atm :sweat_smile: but i’m sure i’ve had multiple days without logging in, so that might take me a while still …

1 Like

So is there a way of knowing how many consecutive days you’ve been here?

1 Like

i don’t think so or at least i’m not aware. you could go through your browser history if you’re bored :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was kind of wondering that myself, but for many metrics. For example the ‘regular’ status requires [in out-of-the-box Discourse, WK may be modified]:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…
  • must have visited at least 50% of days
  • must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • must not have been suspended

But I can’t really get a status on some of those, or at least not “in the last 100 days” stats without a big PITA. It drives the data nerd in me crazy to not be able to track a metric, just on principle.

4 Likes