Wanikani screenshots šŸ“ø

Welcome back mate :heart: Check chapter 11 of this post that I wrote. It might make things easier for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers to another 365 days of Miss :durtle_love: :heart:

3 Likes

:durtle_love:

Weā€™ll just have to keep giving you reasons to come back here to the forums so that you can get it too :sparkling_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart:

:green_heart:

4 Likes

tumblr_pf7ymcHUPM1whd35oo1_250

I would have gotten it last year but Hurricane Harvey had other plans. Then this year I stopped using the forums for a while.

3 Likes

currently facing a bit of a slump myself but that genuinely motivated me - thank you :laughing: i will try and follow your lead - because actually since iā€™m more active in this forum i do my reviews more regularly as well (with big thanks to @rfindley for the forum lesson/review status userscript :smile:)

3 Likes

(^~^)!

com-gif-maker

I definitely noticed a positive correlation between becoming more active on the forums and motivation to come back to WK every single day, Iā€™m glad itā€™s working for you too ^^ that level 60 cake will be yours before you know it :cake:

6 Likes

@MissMisc
Wow congrats! Youā€™re really ubiquitous here :slight_smile:

According to the countdown thread. In exactly 81 days

I hope to be able to do itā€¦ place your bets on me!

6 Likes

:blue_heart: c:

No pressure but
com-crop

4 Likes

This! Itā€™s harder to give up when thereā€™s more than just learn item, review item. I canā€™t even get the silver badge though, for some reason.

48%20AM

but

No green check. Boo.

2 Likes

It has to be consecutive days visited, so if there was one day within the 102 days visited that you didnā€™t go to the forums, your streak starts over o:

3 Likes

Hm, I may have been spotty in the beginning. I guess that means any time now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

to my disappointement i found out today as well that it has to be consecutive. iā€™m on 99 days atm :sweat_smile: but iā€™m sure iā€™ve had multiple days without logging in, so that might take me a while still ā€¦

1 Like

So is there a way of knowing how many consecutive days youā€™ve been here?

1 Like

i donā€™t think so or at least iā€™m not aware. you could go through your browser history if youā€™re bored :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I was kind of wondering that myself, but for many metrics. For example the ā€˜regularā€™ status requires [in out-of-the-box Discourse, WK may be modified]:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 daysā€¦
  • must have visited at least 50% of days
  • must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • must not have been suspended

But I canā€™t really get a status on some of those, or at least not ā€œin the last 100 daysā€ stats without a big PITA. It drives the data nerd in me crazy to not be able to track a metric, just on principle.

4 Likes

Yeah, i think this is the situation here.

Donā€™t worry about it to much, youā€™ll be regular in no time.
And learnā€¦ some secrets :scream:

2 Likes

iā€™ve seen those requirments ā€¦ they are a headscratcher for me too because, i only went into forum-overdrive about four/five weeks ago. before that i visited and posted only sporadically. not sure how that all works out :thinking:

1 Like

If thereā€™s a secret ā€œbe one of the cool kidsā€ requirement, I donā€™t mind. Iā€™m not that invested in whether I have the status or not; I probably wouldnā€™t use any of the features I get from it anyway. Iā€™m just trained to the point of OCD from work to proactively track metrics for performance and it drives me nuts I have no way to do that.

Or worse, I do, and it involves making a whole system for myself, which, OMG is sooo, tempting, but nooooooo

I never said that

Just that when you get to be Regular, youā€™ll discover something.

And Iā€™ve seen you around a lot, so youā€™ll get it sooner or later

I know you didnā€™t; I exaggerate for rhetorical effect a lot. Yeah, it drives people crazy until theyā€™re used to it. No worries. :smiley:

1 Like