Wanikani Reorder Ultimate [old version, not working]

I said before it was working, but after more use I’d say: working mostly. The interface at the bottom shows up fine, sorting by level is fine, I can exclude any of the three types of item, BUT “Sort Types” doesn’t seem to work. Given it holds several items in a buffer I can see how if there were very few of some types a later one could get mixed in a little early, but if there are ~10 radicals and ~40 kanji and both of those are set to be before vocab I wouldn’t think any vocab would show up early once one hits Force Reorder. However, vocab is still usually the first thing that shows. I tested this with just a single level to make sure I wasn’t just getting confused by the combination of level/type sorting.

JoshuaJSlone said... I said before it was working, but after more use I'd say: working mostly. The interface at the bottom shows up fine, sorting by level is fine, I can exclude any of the three types of item, BUT "Sort Types" doesn't seem to work. Given it holds several items in a buffer I can see how if there were very few of some types a later one could get mixed in a little early, but if there are ~10 radicals and ~40 kanji and both of those are set to be before vocab I wouldn't think any vocab would show up early once one hits Force Reorder. However, vocab is still usually the first thing that shows. I tested this with just a single level to make sure I wasn't just getting confused by the combination of level/type sorting.

It seems to be working fine for me.  Were you using this for reviews or lessons?

If you're sure it's not working correctly, I'd like you to show a picture of your settings and open your developer console(Ctrl + Shift + J) and paste the code provided below hit enter, and post that as well.

var x = $.jStorage.get('activeQueue');
function getType(n) {
    return n.rad ? "[RADICAL]" : n.kan ? "[KANJI]" : "[VOCABULARY]";
}
$(x).each(function() {
    console.log(getType(this) + " ", (this.voc || this.kan || this.rad || "[IMAGE]"), " Level:" + this.level);
});

any thoughts on that lightening mode…?  please…?  

kairu said... any thoughts on that lightening mode...?  please....?  
 Maybe™ Soon™ Possibly™ When I feel like it™

No idea if it’s been suggested already but a way to reverse the order of the levels more easily than dragging them individually from end to start would be nice.
Good work on the script.

RiCON said... No idea if it's been suggested already but a way to reverse the order of the levels more easily than dragging them individually from end to start would be nice.
Good work on the script.
 Added both of these.  Haven't really tested thoroughly though so no promises on 100% functionality.
xMunch said...

RiCON said... No idea if it's been suggested already but a way to reverse the order of the levels more easily than dragging them individually from end to start would be nice.
Good work on the script.
 Added both of these.  Haven't really tested thoroughly though so no promises on 100% functionality.
 i can't click on the reverse or lightning mode buttons.
ShotgunLagoon said...
xMunch said...

Good work on the script.
Script up to date?  The HTML code updates separately from the script itself, so you still may be using 2.0.18
xMunch said...
ShotgunLagoon said...
xMunch said...

Good work on the script.
Script up to date?  The HTML code updates separately from the script itself, so you still may be using 2.0.18
 ah, looks like that was it. i updated it and the buttons work now. thank you! :)

Thanks, both lightning and reverse work!

Could you please update the “user guide” to fit version 2.19? All these shiny new buttons and I dont know what they do!
Amazing work by the way, helps so much!

EDIT: Looks like theres a small bug with lightning mode in Lessons. After I learn 5 items, and then review the 5 items, the screen that says “Good job! The items you have just finished quizzing on have been moved to your review queue.”
pops out twice for some reason.

Nate said... Could you please update the "user guide" to fit version 2.19? All these shiny new buttons and I dont know what they do!
Amazing work by the way, helps so much!

EDIT: Looks like theres a small bug with lightning mode in Lessons. After I learn 5 items, and then review the 5 items, the screen that says "Good job! The items you have just finished quizzing on have been moved to your review queue."
pops out twice for some reason.
 There was only two things added and they're pretty self-explanatory.  About the bug you mentioned, you may have pressed enter at the end.  I just tried to replicate your report and nothing happened.

I just wanted to thank you. I have been using this for a while now and it’s a great extension. :slight_smile:

Same as above, I just wanted to thank you.
I stopped using WK for about a year due to payment problems :frowning:
After I came back, one of my worries was that I was going to keep unlocking levels with a lot of lessons from previous levels still piled up.

I’m loving this ___ because now that worry is gone

Just wanted to say thanks - I’ve used other reorder scripts in the past, but being able to order by level is so helpful with the vocab and makes me feel more organized.

I don’t think this has always been the case, but I’ve recently noticed that hovering over some of the levels gives impossible information. If I’ve got 366 reviews total, it can’t be that level 11 contains 308 and level 12 has 218. Screens: http://imgur.com/a/BJXoK

It looks like this only happens after I’ve right-clicked on level 13 to get rid of those items.

Script version 2.0.19. Firefox on Win 7. Settings: “{“sorttypes”:true,“sortlevels”:true,“onebyone”:false,“priority”:{“rad”:1,“kan”:2,“voc”:3},“questionTypeMode”:“0”,“typePriorityMode”:“0”}”

JoshuaJSlone said... I don't think this has always been the case, but I've recently noticed that hovering over some of the levels gives impossible information. If I've got 366 reviews total, it can't be that level 11 contains 308 and level 12 has 218. Screens: http://imgur.com/a/BJXoK

It looks like this only happens after I've right-clicked on level 13 to get rid of those items.

Script version 2.0.19. Firefox on Win 7. Settings: "{"sorttypes":true,"sortlevels":true,"onebyone":false,"priority":{"rad":1,"kan":2,"voc":3},"questionTypeMode":"0","typePriorityMode":"0"}"

Yeah, it's a long standing bug I can't really figure out.  If you reorder again it will fix itself.

I’ve tried reading through quite a few pages on here but I’m not seeing if this is a known issue with a fix and I’m just not doing this right or if there is no fix at all. I downloaded this script specifically and ONLY to be able to us the 1x1 feature for reviews. I just want to be able to review meanings/readings together. However, it never seems to work for me. The script installed fine and I have the toolbar at the bottom that allows me to check off “1x1 mode” but it just doesn’t seem to work. I check it off and click “force re-order” but it keeps jumping around like normal. I’ve tried doing it with various combinations of “sort types” and “sort levels” checked/unchecked but nothing seems to work here.

I’m on Firefox and I saw some posts regarding there being some issues with Firefox earlier on in the thread - have those been sorted or is my issue above a known, unfixed issue? I also found some code that you can run apparently (here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/xMunch/fa1e410c4abe3d72ae0b/raw/1b9314000571348a2f0eab0020cd4cdd4…) but it gave me an error when I ran it and to be honest, I’m not even sure if that code is supposed to fix my problem.

Anyone have any solutions or suggestions?

ducksFANjason said... I've tried reading through quite a few pages on here but I'm not seeing if this is a known issue with a fix and I'm just not doing this right or if there is no fix at all. I downloaded this script specifically and ONLY to be able to us the 1x1 feature for reviews. I just want to be able to review meanings/readings together. However, it never seems to work for me. The script installed fine and I have the toolbar at the bottom that allows me to check off "1x1 mode" but it just doesn't seem to work. I check it off and click "force re-order" but it keeps jumping around like normal. I've tried doing it with various combinations of "sort types" and "sort levels" checked/unchecked but nothing seems to work here.

I'm on Firefox and I saw some posts regarding there being some issues with Firefox earlier on in the thread - have those been sorted or is my issue above a known, unfixed issue? I also found some code that you can run apparently (here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/xMunch/fa1e410c4abe3d72ae0b/raw/1b9314000571348a2f0eab0020cd4cdd4...) but it gave me an error when I ran it and to be honest, I'm not even sure if that code is supposed to fix my problem.

It's generally a bad idea to run code when you don't know what it does.  1x1 mode only works after the first question is answered if it doesn't work after that I'll look into it.  Though, honestly 1x1 is counter intuitive to what wanikani offers.
xMunch said...
ducksFANjason said... I've tried reading through quite a few pages on here but I'm not seeing if this is a known issue with a fix and I'm just not doing this right or if there is no fix at all. I downloaded this script specifically and ONLY to be able to us the 1x1 feature for reviews. I just want to be able to review meanings/readings together. However, it never seems to work for me. The script installed fine and I have the toolbar at the bottom that allows me to check off "1x1 mode" but it just doesn't seem to work. I check it off and click "force re-order" but it keeps jumping around like normal. I've tried doing it with various combinations of "sort types" and "sort levels" checked/unchecked but nothing seems to work here.

I'm on Firefox and I saw some posts regarding there being some issues with Firefox earlier on in the thread - have those been sorted or is my issue above a known, unfixed issue? I also found some code that you can run apparently (here: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/xMunch/fa1e410c4abe3d72ae0b/raw/1b9314000571348a2f0eab0020cd4cdd4...) but it gave me an error when I ran it and to be honest, I'm not even sure if that code is supposed to fix my problem.

It's generally a bad idea to run code when you don't know what it does.  1x1 mode only works after the first question is answered if it doesn't work after that I'll look into it.  Though, honestly 1x1 is counter intuitive to what wanikani offers.
 Yeah, I generally don't run code willy-nilly but it looked fairly benign to me and I was frustrated enough to give it a shot. I figured the possible reward for it being good code outweighed the bad (and likelihood) of it being malicious. Also, given it was posted to your (the creator) github I felt pretty confident the worst it would do was break my install of the script, in which case I'd just need to reinstall. But I digress...

As for the 1x1 mode stuff, it doesn't work for me regardless of how many I answer. I answer the first question, it skips to a new one. I answer that one, it continues skipping around for me. I'd post my settings but everytime I attempt to run the code in your original post for reviews, I get a return of 'null'. If it helps, I've installed the stable 1.16 build of the script on Firefox.