Wanikani Prettify

After today’s update of the review system, which was totally awsome, seriously, but unfortunatelly brought some styling changes that were not to the liking of everybody, I decided on creating my own stylesheet to override some small things that I didn’t like on the new interface.
If anyone wants to use it, you can download it from here: https://raw.github.com/fvieira/wanikani-prettify/master/wanikani.css
If you want to contribute or just read how to install and customize it, go here: https://github.com/fvieira/wanikani-prettify

Most of the changes were based on complaints I found on the topic relative to the new review UX, and one based on a post I read a while ago.
Oh, there might also be problems with other browsers which are not Chrome or Firefox since I didn’t test it anywhere else. Even the installation steps are only explained for Chrome and Firefox users. Sorry about this, but please give me feedback so I can improve it further and fix any problems that might appear in other browsers!
Hope you like it.

@Viet: Please don’t take this as a critic about your work. If it wasn’t so damn near perfect I wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of trying to make it better, since I’m no web designer and I can only make small fixes, not a full design like yours. Oh, and if you like any of the changes I did please feel free to use them! Keep up the good work!

Yep, that’s exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :slight_smile:

It works in Firefox now.

If people still aren’t happy with the contrast in the forums or any other colour on the site they can use the extension that you linked to change whatever they want. 

Here’s what I did to the forums for example: 

Sure, it could be prettier but it’s way more easy to read now. 

Just install the extension and click on “css” that appears in your address bar. Now click on any part of the site and choose the colours you want. 

Taken from the stylebot site (http://stylebot.me/styles/2017)

I don’t have any reviews to do right now so I can’t test but the patterned background did hurt my eyes so I’ll give this a go.

fvieira said... After today's update of the review system, which was totally awsome, seriously, but unfortunatelly brought some styling changes that were not to the liking of everybody, I decided on creating my own stylesheet to override some small things that I didn't like on the new interface.
If anyone wants to use it, you can download it from here: https://raw.github.com/fvieira/wanikani-prettify/master/wanikani.css
If you want to contribute or just read how to install and customize it, go here: https://github.com/fvieira/wanikani-prettify

Most of the changes were based on complaints I found on the topic relative to the new review UX, and one based on a post I read a while ago.
Oh, there might also be problems with other browsers which are not Chrome or Firefox since I didn't test it anywhere else. Even the installation steps are only explained for Chrome and Firefox users. Sorry about this, but please give me feedback so I can improve it further and fix any problems that might appear in other browsers!
Hope you like it.

@Viet: Please don't take this as a critic about your work. If it wasn't so damn near perfect I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of trying to make it better, since I'm no web designer and I can only make small fixes, not a full design like yours. Oh, and if you like any of the changes I did please feel free to use them! Keep up the good work!
 Sounds like a good idea.
bquaal said... I don't have any reviews to do right now so I can't test but the patterned background did hurt my eyes so I'll give this a go.
 I love it. Thank you so much. The patterned colours hurt my eyes and this doesn't at all :) Thank you!

This is plain boasting, but each time I try to do reviews in a new browser or computer, I can’t stand the patterned background and have to install this style first. I don’t understand how everyone else copes with it…

I hardly even notice the patterned background, for me it’s not coping at all. I guess it’s just how different people perceive it, possibly also what type of monitor
 you have maters as well.

Mordoc said... I hardly even notice the patterned background, for me it's not coping at all. I guess it's just how different people perceive it, possibly also what type of monitor
 you have maters as well.
 Same here, this thread actually confused me because I was all "what pattern?"

I can barely see it.

ninitan said…

Mordoc said…
I hardly even notice the patterned background, for me it’s not coping at all. I guess it’s just how different people perceive it, possibly also what type of monitor
 you have maters as well.
 Same here, this thread actually confused me because I was all “what pattern?”

I can barely see it.
I could also barely see it before I hid it, that’s when I noticed the difference. Now it’s like the difference between HD and lower quality video, I couldn’t notice much difference when I went from lower quality to HD but now I can’t go back.
Of course, everyone’s different, but at least to me the changes made by my script really make the interface easier on the eyes…

I like the way you made the font bold as it used to be in reviews. Thanks!