WaniKani Mobile - [End of Support]

s84606 said...
Satoshi said... It works but when I press download next to the "Droid sans japanese" font I get an error. 
Hmm.. Is it the usual "WKM has stopped working?" I wish I could have the stack trace: on my phone and the emulator, the browser opens correctly.
Does the "Download from web"  feature work?  You can enter any web address (e.g. http://ipafont.ipa.go.jp/) and download the font file in the usual way.

It's the monk looking at the turtle error page. 

Haven't tried the web download yet.

s84606 said...

Which font does Wanikani use anyway?
 There's a number of possibilities: the first in the list is "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro".
 Ok, thanks I'll go look for that one. 

EDIT: nvm on Windows it's Meiryo

I noticed that when there’s 1 lesson left I do it but WK doesn’t register it as being learned even though it normally goes through all the screens in the app. 
I have to learn it outside the app for it to count. 

For example:
1. 1 lesson left
2. do the lesson
3. get informed that all lessons are finished
4. refresh the dashboard
5. see 1 lesson still left to learn

Satoshi said... I noticed that when there's 1 lesson left I do it but WK doesn't register it as being learned even though it normally goes through all the screens in the app. 
I have to learn it outside the app for it to count. 

For example:
1. 1 lesson left
2. do the lesson
3. get informed that all lessons are finished
4. refresh the dashboard
5. see 1 lesson still left to learn
Looks like a WK bug to me... probably some problem in the cache or inability to send an update to the site. In addition I think I've seen this behaviour reported somewhere, though now I can't find it in the forum.
However I'll try to reproduce this as soon as possible and see if it's some extension involved. BTW are you using e.g. WK Lessons Reorder?
s84606 said... BTW are you using e.g. WK Lessons Reorder?
 It's installed but I only use it to do radicals and that was a couple of days ago in this level.

This could also be a problem when the batch is smaller than the default size maybe and not just when it's exactly 1 item. But I haven't encountered such a situation yet.
Satoshi said...This could also be a problem when the batch is smaller than the default size maybe and not just when it's exactly 1 item. But I haven't encountered such a situation yet.
This has happened to me at least once but I'm sure I did not encounter this problem. I have some recollection of WK asking me for a reading but not its meaining or vice versa, but again I lightheartedly thought it was something wrong with WK (and I forgot to report, BTW).

I can’t see the ~ during the reviews for suffixes like ~君 or ~道, I couldn’t tell the difference with the nouns and got it wrong. (1.10.0)

Lux said... I can't see the ~ during the reviews for suffixes like ~君 or ~道, I couldn't tell the difference with the nouns and got it wrong. (1.10.0)
 Uh.. did the problem appear again? The "〜 " char is replaced with an ordinary tilde only if fonts are not overrided ("JP Fonts" menu during reviews).
So, the only reason I can think of is that "system font" is checked ("Choose JP Font" menu) and fonts are overridden.
 Is is yout setup? If so, the quick fix is to uncheck the system font and use other fonts. Next release I'll replace the 〜 char always.

EDIT: I had to distribute a new version to fix a nasty bug in the lessons module. It contains a fix for this problem as well: could you please tell me if this solves yout problem? I have no " ~ vocab "  reviews in the immediate future...
s84606 said...
Lux said... I can't see the ~ during the reviews for suffixes like ~君 or ~道, I couldn't tell the difference with the nouns and got it wrong. (1.10.0)
 Uh.. did the problem appear again? The "〜 " char is replaced with an ordinary tilde only if fonts are not overrided ("JP Fonts" menu during reviews).
So, the only reason I can think of is that "system font" is checked ("Choose JP Font" menu) and fonts are overridden.
 Is is yout setup? If so, the quick fix is to uncheck the system font and use other fonts. Next release I'll replace the 〜 char always.

EDIT: I had to distribute a new version to fix a nasty bug in the lessons module. It contains a fix for this problem as well: could you please tell me if this solves yout problem? I have no " ~ vocab "  reviews in the immediate future...
Suggestion: suppress/block input of:
, . / ; [ ] \ ` " = and +  as these characters are not used in meanings and you already have hotkeys (e.g. "," for recent items) disabled. I believe this would prevent a lot of typos.

venetiansnares said... Suggestion: suppress/block input of:
, . / ; [ ] \ ` " = and +  as these characters are not used in meanings and you already have hotkeys (e.g. "," for recent items) disabled. I believe this would prevent a lot of typos.

Sounds reasonable... I'll implement it in the next release.

Sorry if this has been asked before guys but searching didn’t help for this one. What does it mean on my left-of-home-screen when it says “Next level: 3d, 1 h ago”? 

It seems “Next level” would estimate when I’d level up given current timelines but 3d, 1h ago obviously isn’t a future estimation.

Also obligatory thank you so much for your support, I wouldn’t be as far without this app + your attention.

onepartninja said... Sorry if this has been asked before guys but searching didn't help for this one. What does it mean on my left-of-home-screen when it says "Next level: 3d, 1 h ago"? 

It seems "Next level" would estimate when I'd level up given current timelines but 3d, 1h ago obviously isn't a future estimation.
Yes, it sounds funny, doesn't it? The estimate is just a weighted average of the most recent levelup times, so it can end up being in the past.
I could either change the wording (something like "you are 3d, 1h late") or use a different algorithm when the result becomes meaningless.
The second option is more interesting: if enough time is spent on a level, the best estimate is the time when enough items are gurued, assuming all the reviews will be ok. Unfortunately the API does not make things easy: all I have is the SRS level (apprentice, guru, etc...) the number of correct & wrong answers, the max streak and the current streak. I don't think this is enough to understand on which "apprentice sublevel" each item is.
Presumably the best bet would be to assume that the current streak starts at "apprentice sublevel 0": the estimates would be pessimistic but.. well.. it's the best we can do. Other ideas?

Thanks! I see - I thought I was just missing something. I thought at one point there was an app floating around that would estimate your next level-up, it was on a webpage that I went to. I cannot for the life of me find it again however but I will post back when/if I do - perhaps it’s something you geniuses could integrate. 

On the main page, where it has Radicals 9/10 remaining, Kanji 34/37 remaining - are these the 90% required for leveling is this total? 

onepartninja said... Thanks! I see - I thought I was just missing something. I thought at one point there was an app floating around that would estimate your next level-up, it was on a webpage that I went to. I cannot for the life of me find it again however but I will post back when/if I do - perhaps it's something you geniuses could integrate. 
Perhaps @c0n5pir4cy's webapp? /t/WaniKani-Statistics-WebApp/3509/1
The leveup completion is very detailed... Are levelup days in the past as well?

On the main page, where it has Radicals 9/10 remaining, Kanji 34/37 remaining - are these the 90% required for leveling is this total? 
 Yes. And they correspond to the dark gray portion of the progress bars.

Few days ago sorting has stopped working for me. First one is correct (reading and meaning are one after another) but after that it is all mixed.

I suspect something changed on WK side.

Al4ric said... Few days ago sorting has stopped working for me. First one is correct (reading and meaning are one after another) but after that it is all mixed.

I suspect something changed on WK side.

I believe it’s the problem reported here. As soon as @alucardeck will provide a patch, I’ll distribute it – at least as an experimental APK: there’s still some testing to be done on the next release.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this exist. I wouldn’t have stuck with this and I wouldn’t have kept up as nearly as much as I have if this didn’t exist. As of late, since I figured out how to add into Chrome all of the neat features the mobile app has, I haven’t used it quite as much, but even the little “YOU HAVE REVIEWS DO THEM” push notification helps me so much. Now when I’m waiting for the boyfriend to finish shopping for underwear or I’m boiling a pot of water I can slip in a few dozen reviews and it helps me keep on top of things.

YOU ARE SO AWESOME. >_<

lindarthebard said... I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this exist. I wouldn't have stuck with this and I wouldn't have kept up as nearly as much as I have if this didn't exist. As of late, since I figured out how to add into Chrome all of the neat features the mobile app has, I haven't used it quite as much, but even the little "YOU HAVE REVIEWS DO THEM" push notification helps me *so much*. Now when I'm waiting for the boyfriend to finish shopping for underwear or I'm boiling a pot of water I can slip in a few dozen reviews and it helps me keep on top of things.
Thank you :) It's great to know I'm working on something people appreciate..

It’s doing something really weird. I type “tatitu” and it writes “[ta][a][ti][i][tu]”, like it adds an extra character. I’m typing it with roman characters on Android. =/

Since today’s update, it enters the Android suggestion instead of individual letters. This makes the App unusable as I can’t write the proper meaning anymore. Reading works fine as I disabled suggestions in the settings.

dlemay said... Since today's update, it enters the Android suggestion instead of individual letters. This makes the App unusable as I can't write the proper meaning anymore. Reading works fine as I disabled suggestions in the settings.
 Sorry about that: it happens only on some keyboards (which I don't use on my phone). I've uploaded the fix: since it takes a few hours before it appears on the store, you can download it from it as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iki8j53rpue5ucj/WaniKaniMobile-1.12.1.apk
One good thing is that it contains @Ikalou's fix for WKRO single mode..