Wanikani memes

I’ll let the image do the talking
Screenshot_20200907_104622

44 Likes

Getting your nails and wig ready for that ‘Guys, I’ve reached level 60’ post.

10 Likes

My mneumonic For that one is, since that one is intransitive “to be mixed”, imagine you’re getting mixed in a mixing bowl with a giant whisk or spoon or beater or whatever, and you’re screaming “AAAA” as opposed to “EEEE”

Same for あがる あげる, “a” for the angels singing as you rise, and “ge” for “get up there” when you’re trying to raise something

It’s a pain though with every verb

10 Likes

We see something tattooed on a woman’s back at the beach
Mom: “What does that say?”
Me: “I don’t know, it’s in Chinese.”

We’ve had that precise conversation word for word so many times

29 Likes

I made a meme based on my experience here (predicted experience for burned) just for you guys! (Oh god it’s tiny oops)

30 Likes

For transitive/intransitive pairs, so far my mnemonic is working. If I (or someone else, or something else) cause it to happen my action has an EEEeeffect on the object. If it moves itself for the action, then it does it AAAalone without the help of anything else.

12 Likes

I don’t want to ruin your fun… but this doesn’t hold up. I wish it was that easy.

みる- To See, Transitive
みえる- To Be Seen, Intransitive
みせる- To Show, transitive

なおす- To Fix, Transitive
なおる- To Be Fixed, Intransitive

10 Likes

When I get a 100% success rate on 150+ reviews

Bring it on!

32 Likes

Does that even happen at any level?

6 Likes

Yes, Diego san. I had a few 100% reviews in the first ten levels (at least 100+ reviews), though it is rarer as I level up. Today was one of those days. Most of the time I usually get at least a few wrong. (Not that I am proud of getting it wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6 Likes

Oh well…

I did know the みる, みえる, みせる pairing but for some reason those never tripped me up.

5 Likes

I general, if there is an あるーえる pair, then える us transitive while ある is not, but for つーてる, るーれる, むーえる, etc, the える one may or may not be transitive.

4 Likes

Cure Dolly has a video about this, It has like three rules that help you with 99 percent of them…

22 Likes

@smarts47

There is also The Dictionary of Basic Japanese appendix such basically has all pairing combinations.

5 Likes

10 Likes

download

16 Likes

When you get a review wrong, check the answer, and still get it wrong when it pops up again

55 Likes

Another applicable meme for that: image

26 Likes

26 Likes

Do you ever just…

(not wanikani but still applies lol)

58 Likes