Wanikani is sending back 500s

Both Chrome and Firefox are returning HTTP 500 and text that says.

“An unhandled lowlevel error occurred. The application logs may have details.”

10 Likes

Same thing happening to me…

3 Likes

Same, same.

1 Like

same here, so i think its a problem with the site and not any one of us. hopefully its fixed soon

4 Likes

can’t even use 3rd party apps that make API calls :frowning:

2 Likes

…And, we’re back and running!

2 Likes

“same here”. Though, it seems it’s generated by the backend (and it was curious to find out that WK is written in Ruby/Rails :D)

3 Likes

glad it’s not just me

3 Likes

Would make more sense to be written in Crab/Alligator

1 Like

i’m in college for computer programming and i think ruby/rails has been pretty popular with web designers!

1 Like

The sacred texts…

1 Like

Seems like some on going error. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ コウイチやワニカニ、私の活気を受け取ってください。 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

In the past - yes (even twitter in the beggining was written using RoR though they switched to Java AFAIR). Nowadays it’s mostly Java (more “corporate”) or JavaScrip/node.js (more “hipster”) :slight_smile:

…but Tsurukame on iOS seems to have access. I was just able to do my reviews.

ah i see! I suppose it depends. I know Bunpro also uses Ruby and a website i use to learn code teaches it so its at least good to know that its still something that works good, even if a lot of websites are using different languages now!

2 Likes

There is plenty of web frameworks to build on these days with their different strong points. No personal experience other than Angular but they seem all pretty cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, we had a bit of a hiccup with a change that went out this morning. It was quickly identified and the problem fixed. Sorry for the interruption!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.