503 Error Wanikani Down?

Anyone having problems loading wanikani? Getting site down error when trying to load.

Seems like a 503 error.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I remember a notification about an upcoming 15 minute maintenance window, but I do not recall the time. Maybe this is it? 503 certainly points towards it.

4 Likes

Ah if it’s scheduled maintenance then that’s fine! I didn’t remember seeing anything about it this morning. But now that you mention it seems vaguely familiar.

3 Likes

oh you right

@anon20839864 @JenK @viet

If it is downtime, they would’ve posted something in #wanikani:announcements, but I just checked and there’s nothing recent.

3 Likes

I feel like a crack addict waiting for their dealer :rofl:

7 Likes

We’re on it, everybody. Once more, we had some scheduled maintenance prescribed by our hosting company and something (opaque) they did has caused some slowness on the database. We’ve got a ticket open and we’re watching the servers. We’ll let you know when we know more.

14 Likes

It just came back up for me. EDIT: nvm back down

And on a complete side note I’m a software engineer and our company’s hosting company had the same maintenance today and we had some definite slowness across all our platforms. We just thought we were crazy. I think someone over there is going to be working overtime.

4 Likes

b21

22 Likes

Yeah. It think something went wrong with that maintenance… Maybe.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I just wanted to do my reviews before sleep :pensive:

10 Likes

4 Likes

Doson doesn’t like this.

2 Likes

source%20(1)

3 Likes

I managed to review my radicals before getting booted by the server gods. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Alright, we “think” it’s getting better and back in running shape (as of 30 minutes ago). We’re continuing to monitor performance to make sure it stays in running shape.

We still don’t have a clear explanation/understanding of what happened on our host’s side, but we’re following up to explore it further and try and make sure it doesn’t happen the next time they tell us we have to do this. :expressionless:

16 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.