WaniKani is FREE What!?

So I’m really new to this and when I knew that this website is free, I was so emotional…

But like for real
Huhhh
Moving on

So it’s been a year that I learned Japanese (and I learned a lot though this year like reading hiragana, katakana and learning the grammar) but the only problem that I had was… money. ( I know that they’re a lot of free tools on the internet but I was feeling alone but with WaniKani this feeling was gone! With only two days!)

P.S.What I really wanted to explain was like, I simply needed a teacher

Like they were a lot of cool websites but I had to pay (and they were expensive!) which I can’t because I’m only 15…(soon 16!) so yeah!
Hum…

I’m really excited to be with you all and see how it goes!
Idk if y’all would care about what I was saying but if you read all through here I just wanna say thank you!:heart:
So…. Yea じゃあね!image

(I think I will have a lot of fun here!)

From a new learner

Pls, write some comments for me or recommendations, tools to help me out! It would be really appreciated. :heart:

16 Likes

Narrator: WK was not free

85 Likes

Its good that youre so excited about learning! Please do keep in mind, only the first 3 levels of wanikani are free. But, its pretty affordable! You might be able to find odd jobs to make enough to pay, if you want to keep going past level 3. If not, the fourms are free and there are a lot of different resources you can find that other people have linked, some of which are actually free!
Good luck on your learning journey, and dont give up!

12 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know :hushed:
I’m new
Thx for let me know

5 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

4 Likes

Congrats on finding WaniKani and on working to learn a new language at your age! The first three levels are awesome, and who knows, maybe you can get a year’s subscription for your birthday or a holiday or something! WaniKani has been so fun and instructive for me, and I hope you find a way to use it!

頑張って下さい!

3 Likes

Why y’all are so sweet! Thank you!
Btw I wanna be polyglot so I’m beginning now!
No time to lose :laughing:
Thank you again❤️

5 Likes

If you want a rounded, free resource, I recommend renshuu.org

You can practice grammar and kanji/vocab in a Spaced Repetition System, although it doesn’t have the mnemonics and radicals or userscripts like WK. I wouldn’t recommend it as your only resource, but if you combine it with a external grammar guide and reading practice, I think it’d be really great.

WK’s forums really have some great info, book clubs, and places to ask questions, so I highly recommend sticking around :slight_smile:

Even more resources here:

8 Likes

Thank you :blush:
I will stick around for sure!

3 Likes

Whatever you do, don’t let the paywall hinder you from pursuing japanese. Find another way if you can’t pay it. You’ll regret it sorely to give up japanese at such a young age. The future you will thank you. Whether it’ll be wanikani or any other resource, don’t fucking stop learning japanese. It’ll open so many doors for you in the future. Good luck.

5 Likes

I will not
Thank you :pray::heart:

3 Likes

Well, welcome to wanikani and the forum! I hope you will enjoy your time :blush:
(and good luck with your learning, on wk and otherwise!)

3 Likes

Welcome, welcome, and good luck!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Welcome and hope you enjoy WaniKani! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! How are you on grammar resources?

1 Like

Thank you!
The resource that I based most on grammar is Cure Dolly. I also use JapenesePod101 (but more for revision)
And I applied what I learned with lyrics of Japanese music that I like and try to understand it, like the real meaning of Japanese and not try to make it sense in English but to make it sense in the Japanese form.
(Idk if you get it)

2 Likes

I just discovered jpdb.io, which is free and has tons of really cool features, if you want to check that out!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check it out

Love seeing the enthusiasm!

2 Likes

Hey thanks for linking this! I hadnt seen it before, I think itll make a good addition to my study tools.

2 Likes