Need a little help

I’m loving WaniKani so far. And i know that i get the first 3 levels free.
Only problem is i don’t think i can pay for the rest, I don’t have any money of my own, my parents don’t want to spend money on something like this (Unknown reasons but i don’t want to hassle them.)
So is there any other way i can learn Kanji away from WaniKani, but don’t get the wrong idea i love how simple it is it is to use. And i was taught some valuable things using WaniKani, I just cant support with money :confused:.

Hi, Zeroz!

I totally understand you situation and have been in a pinch more than once before. Have you thought about getting odd jobs or saving up your allowance?

You most definitely can. There are a bunch of resources available for free online, a lot of which can be found in the utlimate japanese resources list.

I would recommend trying anki, in that case. It is much harder to use than wanikani, but properly set up it can be extremely useful.

I second Anki. There are a lot of good shared decks to find for Anki, and it works on the same principle as WK.

I’ve applied for some jobs in the past.
With no luck unfortunately, and the allowance i get (If given any) Is in Cash and they don’t normally do a “Trade” sorta thing for Cash and online usage.
Its a pain but not much i can do about it.

I linked some Memrise courses in my first post for you. Hopefully, that’ll help a little. Nath and Kumirei’s direction are also on point, as usual. I’d listen to them first. :sparkling_heart:

Remembering The Kanji is a popular method. Never used it myself, so I can’t really comment on it. Still costs money as it’s a book, but way less than WK.

If you subscribe to Scribd, they have a 30-day free trial promotion. You may find a copy of Remembering the Kanji from there. There’s a whole selection of Japanese resources, too.

Thanks everyone for there suggestions!
Ill be sure to check out on them.

There definitely are tons of free options online. Also, if you like to study from books, have you checked your local library’s language section for kanji books?

how old are you? can you get a bank account and a debit card?