WaniKani Explorer

Hi, I’ve been using the Explorer for a very long time (love it!!!) but lately I cannot access my data anymore. It says “Disconnected from the server. Reload.”
I would be grateful for any advice on how to use it again. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey ! I didn’t know Explorer, seems like a cool app ! Unfortunatly, it uses the API key version 1, which got recently deprecated. So, as long as the maintainer of this app doesn’t update his tool to the API version 2, it will be unusable…

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your quick reply!
I’ll be lost without the Explorer :scream: :sob:
But at least I know that there is nothing I can do.
Again, THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes

Hey, I just tested WaniKani Explorer and it worked for me.

ElDonad is right that it won’t work soon with API key version 1 being out of business in September, but until then it should work, so your problem seems to be coming from something else.

Do you still get the same error now?

1 Like

Hey, could I ask what do you mainly use WK Explorer for? I didn’t know something like it exists so I have written a similar tool for myself (though much simpler) and was wondering if maybe some other people could also find it useful.

1 Like

I just tried it and I got the same error

1 Like

Wow, you created something similar???

I use the Explorer to download the data (particularly the most recent level), in order to enter the words in Memrise and study them in a more intensive way. Same goes with the Apprentice level if I get stuck on too many words…

1 Like

Hum weird that it works for me but not for you and OP…

Maybe we could get the creator of the site here?

1 Like

I use it to download date to Quizlet. It is also helpful to know which items are critical/leeches. I do not use WKstats because firefox does not play well with the program.
@Amelu I just tried and it still works… may be something on your end.

1 Like

Just tried it again but it still doesn’t work. However, until maybe two days ago it worked ok. :thinking:

I found an old threat from 2018 where people talked to the creator about the same kind of issues. I’ll put my question in there. Thanks everybody for your kind replies!!! :tulip:

1 Like

Nice! I saw the thread. Creator replied instantly!

I think you even reminded him to port to API 2. So in the end, this bug will have been beneficial…

2 Likes

Hi pk6610, I would find the tool you created EXTREMELY useful. Hmm, is there any way you would share it? I am getting desperate as I used the explorer to download all my (way too many!!!) apprentice items and download it into Memrise to study. If anybody knows another way to achieve this, I would be so grateful to know…

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.