WaniKani Content Update: June 26, 2020

Yeah, my lessons went up by one too. Dont know what it is though. Ah well, that let me do my last kanji for this level.

1 Like

I got 6 new items in my lesson queue (宣, 妖, 嘩, 宛, 喋, 蹴) and did manage to get them into my review queue but something was really funky! Never got lessons for 宣 and 妖 (but did do the quizzes for them) and had lessons for 宛 and 蹴 twice. Also despite getting 嘩 as a kanji I didn’t get the 華 radical. No 鮭 for me either. なんか変ですね。

Edit: Just got 鮭!

1 Like

lol

3 Likes

They should be in lesson queue now! The developer who’s been working on this, Darin said the process took longer than usual, so it may have caused some of the problems y’all experienced. Hope they are fine now, but let us know if you still don’t see them!

6 Likes

Same issue for me. Thanks for your suggestion, I was able to do them on my phone.

1 Like

These are script related issues most likely from our latest updates. Some scripts like Niai Similar, WK But No Cigar, Hide context sentence, Do you even Kana were reported by other users with similar issues during lessons because of the update. Try turning off your scripts on your computer and see if that works!

2 Likes

Got the new lessons now! Thanks!

2 Likes

Woohoo, always appreciate new stuff to learn, so thanks! :+1:
The new items have been turning up in batches over the morning.

Although I was originally thinking I was still missing one of the new radicals, 華, but when I went to look it seems I already burned it back in 2018! Was this item removed and then re-added, or moved from another level?

4 Likes

This is great news! With the addition of 妖精 Wanikani users can finally enjoy the essential work that is T.M.Revolution’s Hot Limit.

2 Likes

I love the words added!

I was surprised to get a new review, though. My next review was supposed to be in 20+ days. Turned out to be 華 (the radical), and upon answering correctly it went immediately to burn. Was that the intended behavior?

3 Likes

Omg someone else knows about TMR :D!

2 Likes

you’re right - We are trying to figure out the solution for this. Sorry for the inconvinience, I will keep you guys updated!

5 Likes

Oh! I guess my extra review was the intended behavior then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Wanikani wallpaper changed today and I was sooo confused. LOL this is great!

1 Like

Nice! Love new content. :smile:
Level 50-60 though still have several kanji without any vocab, and it kind of seems those were just forgotten? We know both 瑠 and 璃 as kanji, for example, but there is no 瑠璃 (lapis lazuli) as vocab :frowning:

3 Likes

6 Likes

On a possibly related note, could it be that the API is still delivering incomplete data for the new subjects?

For example, the new kanji 喋 (Chat, ID 8910) has a vocab when looked up on the web site ( https://www.wanikani.com/kanji/喋 ), but the API reports the amalgamation subject IDs as an empty list. Maybe some stale cache data that needs a little prod or kick or an angry glare with a finger threateningly hovering over the “permanently delete” button?

4 Likes

It says I have already burned the Showy Radical?

1 Like

Isn’t 喧 new, not 宣?

1 Like

宣 is a new radical. (Used in 喧)

3 Likes