WaniKani Content Update: June 26, 2020

Are lessons supposed to be available already? :eyes:

3 Likes

They should! Are you not seeing them yet?

3 Likes

I’m not seeing them either

4 Likes

Hmm, nope, have been stalking looking at my lessons for the past 20 minutes xD I can see them in the items (radicals menus and stuff), but not in the lessons themselves

5 Likes

Oh, thanks for the heads-up!
(my account is at level 1 so I couldn’t check that part :sweat_smile:)

I’ll talk to developers and get back to y’all soon👌

8 Likes

I’m only level 18, so they may be further down the line, but if they are supposed to be earlier then its also effecting me

1 Like

This update was Lvl 35+ radicals/kanji/vocab so they won’t appear in your lesson queues yet, but they will when you get there🙌

6 Likes

Ah I just noticed that you updated the OP with the
new stuff. Thanks!

2 Likes

Something I just noticed was that for the level 49 vocab, you give ける before the meaning while you give it after for the rest. I’m guessing this was unintentional?

1 Like

Also, I just realized that this makes level 41 a slow level. Looks like max speed got 3 days 10 hours slower. Which means the fastest I can now get is 345 days.

2 Likes

So, I got two lessons available (radicals), but I cannot do lessons for them. :eyes: During the quiz part it updates the page and the link becomes “WaniKani — Log in” and I cannot finish it xD Am I supposed to wait or is that a bug? :eyes:

Edit: I was able to do them on my tablet, so that can be and issue of some script that I have :thinking:

6 Likes

Beat me to it by 6 minutes :wink:
I’m at 42, with only the radicals left, so noticed lessons jumped from 4 to 5.
Realised that means 41 is no longer a fast level! RIP fast level! That one is a hard one anyway, I am glad to see it go (I nearly burned out pushing it! )

I only got one of the radicals from 41, not the other. And none of the items from the earlier levels =)

Yay for new stuff! =D

2 Likes

How soon-ish :stuck_out_tongue: ? If you can give any more details i’d love to know!

3 Likes

I’m not seeing the new lessons.
I’m still shown as level 35 on the forum but I already started level 36 vocabulary. I think I should get 喋 either way, but I don’t see it.

I didn’t get “salmon” either. I burned both of its radicals.

2 Likes

Yeah, my lessons went up by one too. Dont know what it is though. Ah well, that let me do my last kanji for this level.

1 Like

I got 6 new items in my lesson queue (宣, 妖, 嘩, 宛, 喋, 蹴) and did manage to get them into my review queue but something was really funky! Never got lessons for 宣 and 妖 (but did do the quizzes for them) and had lessons for 宛 and 蹴 twice. Also despite getting 嘩 as a kanji I didn’t get the 華 radical. No 鮭 for me either. なんか変ですね。

Edit: Just got 鮭!

1 Like

lol

3 Likes

They should be in lesson queue now! The developer who’s been working on this, Darin said the process took longer than usual, so it may have caused some of the problems y’all experienced. Hope they are fine now, but let us know if you still don’t see them!

6 Likes

Same issue for me. Thanks for your suggestion, I was able to do them on my phone.

1 Like

These are script related issues most likely from our latest updates. Some scripts like Niai Similar, WK But No Cigar, Hide context sentence, Do you even Kana were reported by other users with similar issues during lessons because of the update. Try turning off your scripts on your computer and see if that works!

2 Likes