WaniKani Content Update: July 25, 2019

I love these updates! The last one gave me 飴細工 which I use every day :durtle_noice:

17 Likes

yaaaaaaaaaaaay yay ay… yay… This is a real sentence,… yay.

3 Likes

Are you going to add any more radicals, or just kanji and vocabulary?

I like the radicals, they’re easy to learn.

3 Likes

Very happy to see that WaniKani continues to be updated! I know it takes a lot of work. Makes me more than happy to pay for the service!

10 Likes

And thus, the joy ride of new kanji continues
Anime-hatsune-miku-kagamine-len-kagamine-rin-kagamine-twins-Favim_com-291954

8 Likes

Yes!!
Keep adding content, please. Well, I’m at the start, but I’ve been missing some vocab along the way, shuch as 船長(i created a topic on that). It’s so cool to see you guys just filling in those gaps!
Keep the great work <3

1 Like

Dear WaniKani Team,

You guys are great, I love these updates, I love you, keep it up :heart:

6 Likes

There are still going to be gaps with really obvious words which you don’t really need to SRS to learn such as 船長、since those words are obvious when you know the kanji (as well as the fact WK is a kanji learning service, vocab is seperate study) but it’s really nice to see more common kanji added to WK, especially when there are some obvious ones which have been left out!

I sure hope it’s 蚕 this time :triumph:

With the associated vocab 蚕食鯨呑.

7 Likes

yay! Can’t wait to learn more!

1 Like

Oh thank god it won’t be on a day that I’m levelling again. Fantastic.
I’m excited.

WAIT, we don’t have that kanji on WK.
Obviously, we need it stat, with the vocab 呑む.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Damnnn more kanji…

Just kidding. XD

Thank you for the hard work.

2 Likes

Good. There’s a lot more you can add too. Please do it.

1 Like

Do you actually use that word everyday? I suppose that would mean you work in such a place that makes 飴細工. I think that would be very cool! Are you one of the people making them, or do you simply sell them?

You also might just be being sarcastic about using it everyday… In which case, forgive me for failing to read the mood. (ノv`*)

Also, sorry if this is off topic. It’s just that I think 飴細工 are very cool.

See, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW9Y0aIKXeY

7 Likes

I AM SO EXCITE

8 Likes

I guess trystero was a bit facetious. :grinning:
But actually I think 飴細工 was a really good addition because it teach the く onyomi of 工 but also checking in jisho made me realize that “name of a craft”+細工 is a very common pattern. Just by going with word already in Wanikani there is 竹細工(bamboo work​), 真珠細工(pearl work​), 象牙細工(ivory carving​), 革細工(leathercraft), 貝細工 (shellwork)… Probably any kind of craft + 細工 can be understood by Japanese people.even if not common.

23 Likes

tenor-1

2 Likes

Really nice seeing updates the last few months. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes