WaniKani Content Additions: Ongoing from April 29, 2021

The database shows that 薬 was marked as correct for you, so that’s why it was burned. The expected behavior since the update, though, is that if you type やく for 薬 you should get a shake and a message like this:

So the engineering team is going to look into why it showed up as incorrect in the UI rather than giving you the shake + message. Thanks again for pointing this out!

3 Likes

I’m glad I could help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This should now be fixed :smiley:

2 Likes

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

LOL

3 Likes

thank you @TofuguJenny !

I’m excited for the transitivity pairs to bring me fun, new leeches. :durtle_love:

5 Likes

I love the idea of including more ! Thank you!

1 Like

12 Likes

It’s rolling… 5 locked items, 7 locked items, 8 locked items! Now to wait for the unlock…

3 Likes

The next batch should start trickling through anytime from now! Hopefully quicker than last week :crossed_fingers:t2:

• Level 3: 外す(はずす)- to disconnect something
  • Level 3: 広げる(ひろげる)- to spread something
  • Level 8: 点く(つく)- to be lit
  • Level 11: 転がす(ころがす)- to roll something
  • Level 11: 欠く(かく)- to lack something
  • Level 11: 進める(すすめる)- to advance something
  • Level 12: 苦しめる(くるしめる)- to hurt
  • Level 12: 終える(おえる)- to finish something
13 Likes

For me at least I can confirm that they’re unlocking way faster. After 40 mins I’m at 7/8, while last week it took 3 hours to get to 5/6.

3 Likes

I’m only at 3/8 think

edit: 8/8

2 Likes

I’ve gotten all eight come through just fine now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but I found a mistake in one of the context sentences for 終える:

王女 is princess, not queen - queen is 女王 :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Heh, I really thought I learned 外す and 終える from here :sweat_smile: , oh well.
Some quick feedback: 外す - I don’t know in which order the vocab is taught, but it may be worth mentioning that the reading is taught with 外れる as well.
Also I’m not sure how I feel about using “something” for the transitive verbs every time, maybe it helps making sure one remembers that these are the transitive versions, but it was a bit annoying in the lessons now.
I like how comprehensive the meaning descriptions are!

3 Likes

Well spotted! Thank you. It should be fixed now :princess:t4:

1 Like

Thanks!

外す actually comes first :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about “something”! I’ll talk to the team about the possibility of adding a version of the translations without “something” to the allow list, or maybe a warning, if that continues to be annoying.

2 Likes

Phew, I was worried I got those mixed up again.

2 Likes

Crabigator and I have the exact same reaction.

Crabigator:

Redglare:
:durtle: :eyes: !

13 Likes

I got thrown off by the meaning not having “something” in it (or “someone” if that makes more sense), like most of the other items in this batch. Would it make sense to add it as an additional meaning? I’m not a native English speaker, so I can’t really tell…

5 Likes

Good point! I think “someone” would make more sense, but that seems less neutral than “something”. Let me discuss this one with the team and get back to you :smiley:

5 Likes