Wanikani and Textfugu Anki decks... a bad idea?

I’m working through Textfugu right now and thinking about the Anki decks for learning radicals.

After looking around i see that the consensus seems to be that we should ignore the kanji parts of textfugu and use wk for that instead.

However, i’m thinking of doing both the textfugu anki decks and wk also to reinforce my learning.

Or is this a terrible idea? Does it scrap any benefits of spaced repetition by doing this?

I don’t know too much about this topic, however I think that it will just be unnesesary effort that you could use for different things like listening comprehension or pitch accent or grammar or anything else. Wanikani should be enough to teach you the radicals/kanji and using an anki deck to further help you would only slow you down imo.

The point of WaniKani’s SRS is to stretch out the time between reviews as long as possible without actually forgetting the kanji.volcabulary. This enables you to learn the word with the least amount of reviews. By doubling up on WaniKani AND Anki, you are A) spending too much reviewing CURRENT kanji when you could be learning NEW kanji and B) there’s less time between reviews for a kanji so you aren’t really getting the same level of long term recall that you’d get with just one service.

I’d not recommend it.

1 Like

thanks, i think i asked a silly question here. I’ll stick to WK alone for Kanji :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.