Vocabulary Flashcard Printable PDFs by Level

Looking at the photo of the cards I wonder, can they be made smaller? Less white space?
I don’t mind working with smaller cards, especially since there are about 6000+ vocabs if we do them all (+ 2000+ kanji if we do both)

If we only do 8 per sheet of paper that will need 750+ pages for the vocab alone =P

1 Like

I have been going back and forth about that same issue.
I will try cutting up a sheet smaller and see how they work. I could even go quarter size. That would be 32 per page.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds much better! =D
I don’t mind them being small =)

1 Like

I see the small ones are ready in the main post! <3
I will try printing tomorrow =)

1 Like

I will get levels 20-30 up today. :slight_smile:
Nice new avatar.

1 Like

Source for mini cards using XeLaTeX:

\documentclass[letterpaper,frontgrid]{flacards}
\usepackage{xeCJK}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{anyfontsize}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\fboxsep=0pt

\hypersetup {%%hyersetup here}
\renewcommand{\brfoot}{}
\renewcommand{\blfoot}{}
\renewcommand{\frfoot}{}
\renewcommand{\blfoot}{}

%%\renewcommand{\cardtextstylef}{\fontsize{70}{70}\selectfont}
%% use this \selectfont is part of the \anyfontsize package for real big fonts

\renewcommand{\cardtextstylef}{\Large}
\renewcommand{\cardtextstyleb}{\Large}
\setCJKmainfont{Meiryo}

\begin{document}
\pagesetup{4}{8}

\card{front}{back}

\end{document}

2 Likes

Wow you are awesome. Thanks heaps.

1 Like

Thanks, I like the mini cards.

1 Like

My latest version of mini-cards has Wanikani level number and card-in-the-deck level on back.
Is this information of value? Should I make this the final deck version?
(any advice, @Abstormal ) ?
front:
back:

update: the vocabulary mini-cards up to level 30 are all in this format now.

1 Like

Yes, I did miss that on mine, so I think it is a great addition =)
Luckily I’ve only done 20 pages so far :wink:
I won’t need to redo them, I’ll know they are in the 11-13 ish level. But will be great to have on rest =)

1 Like

OK
I’ll re-post that way shortly.

1 Like

Thank you for these. These are awesome and just what i’m looking for! :smiley: i’m using them 100% for sure

Thanks so much for these. I am just beginning my journey, and anything I can use for extra study is helpful.

Flashcards on the computer are great, but sometimes it’s really nice to have something physical to hold while learning.

These are very much appreciated!

1 Like

Yes, thank you! I’m a beginner looking to diversify my WaniKani experience, so I’m excited to use these!

1 Like

Thanks @rosanayr, @Jgrendahl, @Dafunka, @Jasen, @hkessler !
Later today, I am re-uploading all of the mini-cards to include level numbers and card numbers on each.
For myself, I am going to to print them out on plastic-paper stuff that I have used in years past, to make a nice durable deck.

3 Likes

I printed them out, laminated them and have been using my paper cutter all morning/afternoon! Man, that is a lot of words, and I only printed out the 1-10 minis. I can’t wait to learn them all.

1 Like

I am glad that other people are interested in these. Thanks for the comments. :slight_smile:
The next step is to do more levels of the kanji cards.

2 Likes

I was wondering, could you make a set of all the radicals as well? Could probably be done as one set since there aren’t as many of them. I know, they aren’t as important in the long run, but they are important for the stories, and I like to keep to the original stories by WaniKani =)

1 Like

I can’t believe how demanding all of you Wanikanians are.
I there anything else that I can get you? Fries? A soft-drink? :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, sure, I will get around to them. I intend to finish everything. It gets a little easier as I go, and I get a better system down. You will see more things pop up soon.

I am just glad that other’s get some value out of this.
:slight_smile:

And I just remembered why I haven’t done radicals yet. The kanji are all part of standard Japanese fonts. Some of the radicals are not kanji, so they are not individual font characters. So whenever I have started with radical cards I have run into the problem of what to do to display odd-ball radicals. It should be an easy problem to solve, but every time that I start, i just move on to something easier.

2 Likes

Well, now that you mention it… Actually serious though =P
Would love if Kanji also had level and numbering =)

Do take your time though, don’t overwork yourself =)

2 Likes