Vocab/kanji comparison

First, sorry if this has been brought up before, I don’t usually post.

I find that most of the kanji and vocab that I repeatedly get wrong are the ones that I get mixed up because they either use the same kanji (or radicals) or have the same or very similar meaning. It would be extremely helpful if there was a way to do side by side comparisons of all the vocab that means "soon " or “as soon as” for instance because I often get them all mixed up.

Side by side comparisons would make it easy to stop seeing just the similarities in meaning and kanji/radical usage, and start seeing the differences.

Some more clarification on the deeper nuances of synonyms would also be helpful.
全て and 全部 are basically the same as far as the meanings they are given here, but that doesn’t help me to identify which one to use in different situations or how it comes off if I use one versus the other.

I think both of these things would help in the learning process as well as in applying them irl.

you’re not going to understand without using it and/or reading it/seeing it in context myriad times
same is true for basically everything in life

even google can’t translate, it’s not a matter of rules and literal things

Edit: this is especially a response to “how do I use it?” “In what context is this specific thing commonly used?”
You’re really going to just have to use it and read often.

The example you gave with 全て and 全部 stand out because to me these words are hardly related (other than the shared abstract idea of all encompassing).

horusscope said... you're not going to understand without using it and/or reading it/seeing it in context myriad times
same is true for basically everything in life

even google can't translate, it's not a matter of rules and literal things
 Fully agree.

But the main reason that Google can't translate is because they're using a hammer to drive in a screw.  To Google, a lot of things look like a search problem :-)  (or at least, this was true last time I looked at their translation methods...  maybe it's changed since then)

@google
ya they are using a pretty stupid method (heuristic relationship algorithm)
It seems to work well for closely related languages, ones in the same family

either way I could drill synonyms all day and not gain an ounce of understanding for most of the nuance of Japanese

As for similar kanji, you might find this userscript helpful: /t/Userscript-WaniKani-Similar-Kanji/8905/1