[Vocab] WaniKani Expansion Pack v1.0 - 1/13/2016 - Now on Memrise!

Lin said... When it comes in the Open Office file, the Kanji are in different nonsense symbols...does/will that make a difference in how they appear in HouHou?
I tried changing the type to Minchu and MinchuUI but that didn't work.

It shouldn't in any way. Open Office needs to open the document rendered in a UTF-8 format or so, as the format isn't a text file (since Kanji are an entirely different character set). Just don't re-save it to a text file or another encoding format that produces garbage text.

Thanks BreadStickNinja ^_^ ♥

Edit: Could you host the files on dropbox, Mega, or something similar? I'd be worried TinyUpload removes the files, since their policy for inactive downloaded files or a 1-week period seems a bit harsh in their "Why tinyupload" page D:

Yes, did that. Thanks.

Kaimera said...Edit: Could you host the files on dropbox, Mega, or something similar? I'd be worried TinyUpload removes the files, since their policy for inactive downloaded files or a 1-week period seems a bit harsh in their "Why tinyupload" page D:
 Done!

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your work! It look really well done.
Do you suggest adding them all at once, like 10 of each, or do you think it’s better going in order? Like all the 1-10 first, then all the 11-20 and so on?

sackboy97 said... Thanks for your work! It look really well done.
Do you suggest adding them all at once, like 10 of each, or do you think it's better going in order? Like all the 1-10 first, then all the 11-20 and so on?
  If you add 10 items a day from all 9 packs, that's 90 new lessons every day! That will get very unmanageable after just a day or two. If you add all 9 packs, I would recommend setting the items per day from each of them to only 2 or 3, for a total of 18-27 new lessons a day. Even 27 lessons is a pretty hefty workload as it builds over time.

It might be a better idea to just do the packs one or two at a time, and add new ones when you start to run out of material. Adding only 200 or 400 items items at once, then working to get those finished, might be better than adding all 3000 in one swoop.

Yeah, I’ll do that. I didn’t notice that they were every 5 levels except the first one, that’s why the number I wrote earlier was actually way too much too handle.

Awesomeness, only just noticed this topic.
I’m looking forward to diving inot this tonight, thank you so much for your hard work!

すごい!
This is awesome!

Just thought I would mention this extension for people who can’t use Houhou or aren’t too fond of Anki.  With its ability to import .csv files and being built right into the WK dashboard, it’s pretty handy. 

Bump to raise awareness.

pushindawood said... Just thought I would mention this extension for people who can't use Houhou or aren't too fond of Anki.  With its ability to import .csv files and being built right into the WK dashboard, it's pretty handy. 
 Ah yes, I mentioned it in my post but should have linked it. I added the link to the post. Thanks!

Made a study friendlier sheet for lvl 1-10 if anyone is interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw4uhqz0q1btvoc/WK%20Expansion%20Pack%20v0.9%20L01-10%20Study%20Sheet.docx…

Edit: Sorry for the accidental tripple post.

Is there a possibility that you could make a level 1-5 levels one for us Breadstick? Or even better (which would be hard) a way to choose the level ranges?

GreenWarrior said... Is there a possibility that you could make a level 1-5 levels one for us Breadstick? Or even better (which would be hard) a way to choose the level ranges?
 I just happen to be level 7 as well and modified the 1-10 file to include just 1-7. Here it is for you if you would like to use it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjo976o4187txlr/WK%20Expansion%20Pack%20v0.9%20L01-07.csv?dl=0

If you ever want to change the contents of the sheets you could open them in Excel or Notepad++ for example and remove the rows whose levels are beyond wherever you are. For example they list "WK4" if they include kanji you would know after level 4. 

This is really great BreadstickNinja! I have just started using it with the WaniKani self-study app - I really need to learn more vocab so this is nice for both filling in those gaps and practicing the kanji!

Ah thanks jacks! I was traveling all yesterday and couldn’t put up an edited version myself.

Breadstick, I recommend putting the non-joyo kanji vocab in its own level (or two) if you have enough of em. Mixing them into the levels where were supposed to know something will reduce processing time for a user if they get confused thinking they should know the kanji and don’t.

jacks2ln said...
GreenWarrior said... Is there a possibility that you could make a level 1-5 levels one for us Breadstick? Or even better (which would be hard) a way to choose the level ranges?
 I just happen to be level 7 as well and modified the 1-10 file to include just 1-7. Here it is for you if you would like to use it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjo976o4187txlr/WK%20Expansion%20Pack%20v0.9%20L01-07.csv?dl=0

If you ever want to change the contents of the sheets you could open them in Excel or Notepad++ for example and remove the rows whose levels are beyond wherever you are. For example they list "WK4" if they include kanji you would know after level 4. 

This is really great BreadstickNinja! I have just started using it with the WaniKani self-study app - I really need to learn more vocab so this is nice for both filling in those gaps and practicing the kanji!
 Thank you!! :D