[Userstyle] Transparent theme for forums

You’re not my real dad!

2 Likes

Kumirei is your step dad???
(・・; )ゞ

3 Likes

We can’t rule out the possibility. >.>

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Finally got around to installing this, it’s great!

1 Like

Ohhhh, that looks really cool. I’m glad people are finding other images that work

I’ve been tweaking it a bit. Mostly here:

1 Like

That’s nice. I’ve been considering changing the names to white and adding an extra layer of shading in posts, your images tell me that it might be a good decision indeed.

1 Like

I tweaked the alpha channel in quite a few places which made it too hard to read the black text so I had to go and change the text colors to white or light grey to make it readable. I personally find some of the places that are transparent to look good, like the posts but some to make it harder to use the site, like this reply box I’m typing in. Overall it’s a really nice theme though.

Edit: Should be noted that readability is going to vary wildly with your chosen background image, so I’m only talking in context to my own background image, not the base theme.

Styled the new moderator highlight.

Before

After

3 Likes

Fancy! Maybe I’ll install you style.

Hmm, will there be a theme for the dashboard and whatnot as well? I’d love that c:

I’m pretty sure Kumirei uses this theme for the main site.

Yup. WK is srs bsns so no flimsy flamsy distracting transparency needed. The dark theme is great

1 Like

Looks good! I’m thinking I need to tweek my colours and transparency a bit more since some things blend too much… I’m going to be here all week messing around with this stuff…

Nice, I like the background. Makes sense that you might need to edit some things, though, as I made it with a specific background in mind.

Well, there was an attempt.

2 Likes

Took care of all the bugs I had found over the past month or two, so if they’ve been bothering anyone you might want to update

1 Like

This is what I finally did with it. : D

Although, I’d really like to adjust the top bar a bit (change the text colour for WaniKani Community and the [Userstyle] thread title… maybe even make that Community banner just as clear (and dark) as the rest of the top (the same) instead of the extra oval. Tried looking through the code, but it was really long! I found some colour specific stuff waaaaaaaaaaaaay at the bottom (page specific section)… however I’m not quite sure what all of the elements are (that I’m hoping to update).

Love that you went with the Lifetime purple, @Kumirei for the notification bubbles. : D Totally works with the background I’ve chosen. Oh yeah, and our user names… I’d need to change that colour, too. (I’m thinking those titles + names also the same purple. That’ll do it for me. : D )

See my screen below:

Hey, when I first added this style, I still had tenderwaffle’s grey (WK classic) userstyle on, and it made a similar colour out of mine. Have you turned it off? I’m just curious. ^^

I love this! I tried doing one but just ended up turning the entire background into a blob.
Curse me and my dumb brain.